PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Any Suggestions?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sunkistt
Thu, Feb-07-02, 18:39
I have been doing low carb for over a month and haven't lost a pound. I'm staying under 20 carbs a day. I have been using the test strips which show I'm in ketosis every day. I haven't lost any inches. I did low carb about 2 years ago and lost 25 pounds, but then I quit smoking, started eating bad and not exercising as much and I gain back 40. Ouch, I know. I'm having a hard time exercising now because I just tore my ACL skiing and have to have knee sugery at the end of the month. I've tried cutting down on portions, eating more protein...any suggestions? I'm feeling a little hopeless

p.s. doesn't help that the hubby has lost 20 pounds in the same amount of time.

Rosebud
Thu, Feb-07-02, 18:47
Hi Sunkist, I'm sorry things aren't going well :there:
And yes, it doesn't help to have your hubby dropping weight when you're not. Been there, done that.
My best suggestion would be to start a journal (scroll down to the bottom of the page and where it says "Forum Jump," scroll to the journal bit that starts with "T." They're in alphabetical order.).
If you keep a log there for a few days of what you are eating, some kind soul will come along with some more constructive advice.
BTW, well done on giving up smoking! That's a biggie, if you can do that, you can do anything!
Hang in there matey.

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

juliek_us
Thu, Feb-07-02, 18:58
Hang in there! It will work.

About the hubby thing...My husband looses at twice the rate I do. They have more muscle mass, so they burn more fat.

What are you eating and drinking? I found that their were foods that effected me like eating lots of carbs....some diet sodas (
Sprite), LC food products (Atkins bars), and Jell-O. Sometimes, these would actually make me out of ketosis!

The first time I did the LC thing, my body was very VERY resistant. I lost the first 5 or so pounds (probably water weight) and then nothing for more than a month. Once my body gave into the fact I was not giving in....I began to loose a steady 1.5 pounds a week, until I found out I was pregnant!

Let us know how we can help!

Andy Davies
Thu, Feb-07-02, 20:24
Hi Sunkistt,

And welcome to the Active Lowcarber forum.

I can see from what you say that you are eating protein, but what about fat? Protein, although necessary for many other things, will not reduce weight. Fat will.

I suggest that as others have intimated, your best bet is to start up a journal. This will give us a chance to monitor what you are eating, and suggest minor changes, if necessary. In your case, your journal would be under the "S" section, as we file them alphabetically under each person's name.

Andy