PDA

View Full Version : Fast Food craving!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

trueblonde
Thu, Apr-19-07, 13:53
Hi all, I am new to the forum and low-carb dieting. I started on the 9th and so far have lost 8 lbs, which I'm pretty happy with! My only downfall is I am craving fastfood! I can just taste it! I'm already sick of salads (from all the local fastfood places) and I'm not much of a cook, and don't have a lot of time to cook (2 kids), any suggestions?

shecee34
Thu, Apr-19-07, 14:26
Go to Carl's Jr and do their low carb burgers....YUMMY

Kisal
Thu, Apr-19-07, 20:43
Welcome, Trueblonde! Glad to have you aboard! Good luck to you! :)

JsMuse
Fri, Apr-20-07, 05:30
There's a lot you can eat at fast food places. You just have to get creative with your ordering. Order a burger or a grilled chicken sandwhich at your favorite fast food place without the bun or ketcup. A lot of burger joints even have their own versions of a low carb burger (no bun, wrapped in lettuce) so you dont have to "special order" a menu item. Taco Bell is a good place to go as well. Any menu item can be made without beans or rice (if it comes with it) and ask them to put it in a bowl instead of on a tortilla. We are always happy to oblige a customer. Chicken and steak are the best choices of protein to get at TB, only 1g carb per serving. The beef is only 1.5g, but it also has corn starch/flour as a thickener in the seasoning just like the seasoning packets you buy at the grocery store. You can buy wings at your local Pizza Hut or other fave. pizza place, just ask if they have breading on them first. You could even order a thin crust pizza and just eat the toppings. Really, when you think about it, there's a ton of fast food items you can have to satisy a craving if you just put a little thought into it. However, I wouldn't recommend eating it everyday even if you weren't trying to lose weight.
I would also like to say that having two children is reason enough to get in the kitchen and cook. And having two myself, along with a full time job and home to care for, I understand being crunched for time, but I never let it stop me from preparing healthy meals and snacks for my family. You may not be good at it now (which I assume is what you mean when you say "I'm not much of a cook"), but the more you do it, the better you will become. Besides, your children deserve to have healthy meals served to them. The lessons about food that they learn now will stick with them when they are adults.

bob2112
Fri, Apr-20-07, 06:06
Welcome to the forums. Sounds like some great tips there. Wishing you all the best on reaching your goals.