PDA

View Full Version : Only way to lose weight while breastfeeding

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sleeknslim
Wed, Apr-18-07, 08:00
Hi,
I'm new to this forum. I've been reading the main forum and find it very interesting.
I came across a website (don't remember which one now) which explained the science behind fat storage of carbs but not fat. I thought I'd give Low carb a try and to my surprise I lost weight. I have never before lost weight while breastfeeding. I always had to wait until the baby was weaned and then exercise, exercise, exercise. I'd get too hungry. My body would stimulate my appetite to cover the breastfeeding and then some. But not on Low Carb!!! For the first time I could stop eating. I'd be satisfied with a normal meal. All I did was cut out starches (potatoes, rice, bread, pasta). I already didn't eat alot of sugary foods. I don't find I'm eating more of the meat and veggies to cover the lost starch so I'm losing weight. I'm losing extremely slowly but I'm losing and not gaining and I'm not hungry all the time. I think as soon as this last baby is weaned and I start exercising more the rest of the weight will just fall off. I'm already thrilled with what seems a small loss. It's mostly off my belly where I tend to gain the most. I've gone down 2 pants sizes too.
Also my mother had type 1 diabetes (She died last October) and my father has type 2. Low carb will probably help prevent the disease in me. There seems to be no downfall to this Low carbing.
Nice to have a forum to discuss this. All the people I know think it's nuts so I don't bother discussing it with them.

katwoman
Wed, Apr-18-07, 13:09
There seems to be no downfall to this Low carbing.

None that I've found yet! Improved blood work, improved blood pressure, more stamina. . .it just gets better and better.

Welcome aboard, and congrats on your baby.

Kisal
Thu, Apr-19-07, 01:17
Hi, Sleeknslim! Welcome to the forums. Glad to have you aboard! :wave:

connie7
Thu, Apr-19-07, 06:06
Congratulations on your success! The first time I went LC, I was breastfeeding also, and lost a lot of weight. Stick with the plan and you'll do great! Welcome to the forum!