PDA

View Full Version : New and scared

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jobgem
Mon, Apr-16-07, 20:43
HI I am Tracy. I live in Beaumont TX. I will being on 04/17/07 with Atkins. I weigh 180 pounds. I am 5'5. I am ready to get my life back and feel this is the way to begin. I am single with no kids and need to lear to love me enough to take care of my body and health, so here I am!

1stBreath
Mon, Apr-16-07, 20:58
Hi Tracy.
Welcome to the boards! You will find so much support and friendship here. Best wishes for an easy first day of low carb.

~ Candice

Kisal
Tue, Apr-17-07, 00:33
Hi, Tracy! Welcome to the forums! We're glad to have you here. :wave:

Lian
Tue, Apr-17-07, 08:16
Hi Tracy
welcome, I have to say I started back on Atkins march.
And I truly dont know how I would of managed to educate myself as much, about atkins. No matter how much I read the book, you will find you get so much support from everyone on this board, my dh laughs, as I am always on the computer, since I started this diet, the support and help is amazing, and sure is a good incentive as well....we are all on the same path here.........
good luck,
x

jobgem
Tue, Apr-17-07, 11:06
Thanks so much! I already have questions...i have done great so far today but the water intake is making me a bathroom hog! Can any one tell me 1 thing...CAN I DRIN A CUP OF COFFEE IN THE MORNING...JUST 1?

chunkbutt
Tue, Apr-17-07, 11:21
I think you are aloud 1 cup of coffee w/ some heavy cream, which I think the daily limit for that is 3 tsp.

Welcome!!!

connie7
Tue, Apr-17-07, 11:23
Welcome Tracy! You will find everyone here is so helpful and knowlegable. My DH also laughs that I spend so much time reading posts on this site, but I have found so much information, support, and lots of great recipes. Don't hesitate to post with any questions or problems you are having -- no doubt many or all of us have been through it, too! Stick with it, and you will be amazed at the results. Don't be afraid to go against all the "conventional diet wisdom". Many people post that initially, they can't get used to being able to eat so much fat. Read the book, so you can understand why this works. Ask questions. We're all here for you! Welcome!

Daryl
Tue, Apr-17-07, 17:26
HI I am Tracy. I live in Beaumont TX. I will being on 04/17/07 with Atkins. I weigh 180 pounds. I am 5'5. I am ready to get my life back and feel this is the way to begin. I am single with no kids and need to lear to love me enough to take care of my body and health, so here I am!

Welcome fellow Texan :) Don't be scared, be proud that you're taking steps to better your life! This is a fantastic site, so feel free to ask as many questions as you want. And if you haven't already done so...read the book!

Kisal
Tue, Apr-17-07, 22:16
CAN I DRIN A CUP OF COFFEE IN THE MORNING...JUST 1?The reason Dr. Atkins suggested avoiding coffee is that caffeine can cause blood sugar spikes in some people, which can cause cravings. Many of us have continued to drink coffee with no ill effects. It is what we call a YMMV (your mileage may vary) issue.

The same is true of aspartame. Some can use it without any problems, but others find that it causes their weight loss to stall.

As you read through the new and old threads on the various forums, you will find discussions of many such YMMV items. If you are having difficulty losing weight, these discussions can give you ideas for things you might find it necessary to eliminate from your diet. Test them one at a time, so you will know exactly which foods/substances may be slowing things down for you.

Good luck! :)

Virtuous
Thu, Apr-19-07, 11:37
Jobgem, I am in DFW and I have alot of relatives in Be. Tx. I am new here too. But this site is excellant. You really have alot of help and resources here. I just have to figure out how to take my picture lol. But you will enjoy. Can't wait to see you progress.

Virtuous

Cissie_12
Thu, Apr-19-07, 11:40
Hi Tracy!

What cha' scared of girl??? You are gonna do just fine cause you are NOT alone in this!

You are sooooooooooooo right, you have to learn to love yourself enough to take care of you cause nobody can do that except you! Good message for all of us...

lcgrrl2006
Thu, Apr-19-07, 11:47
Great attitude! You'll do great! Denise

shecee34
Thu, Apr-19-07, 14:30
Coffeemate has a sugar free French Vanilla creamer. I use it in my tea and it's wonderful, you don't even miss the sugar.

jobgem
Fri, Apr-20-07, 08:41
Coffeemate has a sugar free French Vanilla creamer. I use it in my tea and it's wonderful, you don't even miss the sugar.
Thanks for this tid bit! Oh my goodness I have been dying for a great creamy cup of tea or coffee that would taste decent. And I LOVE coffeemate! I am picking some up today!

jobgem
Fri, Apr-20-07, 08:42
Thanks! Well I am a native NY'er (ROCHESTER) and I moved here a year ago and gained all 30 of the pounds in that time frame! I am not greedy...I just want to lose the 30 I just gained. LOL...

waywardsis
Fri, Apr-20-07, 10:32
Hi Tracy! I'm Tracy too ;)

Congrats on loving yourself! And have a good, long read around these boards, there's just so much here.

thouston
Fri, Apr-20-07, 12:24
Wow, you must be my twin! Although I am married. No kids. My name is Tracy, I am ((originally) from Texas, I'm 5"4 and weigh 179. This is as much as I've ever weighed in my life and I can't stand it any longer. Today is my first day in this forum and I started Low Carbing six days ago.

bkloots
Fri, Apr-20-07, 13:53
Hi, Tracy. You're not the first newbie to say, "I'm scared." But I, too, wonder what you're scared of?

Actually, starting a new program is really exciting--especially the way Atkins introduces the plan and its phases. It's a plan for success, especially when you go for it without a timeline or unrealistic expectations. You've got lots of time--the rest of your life actually--to find out how it works best for you. Times of frustration are natural and likely. But if you just keep on keeping on, you'll find yourself on a journey to a healthy new way of life--a journey with no destination, just a fine lot of scenery and good company along the way.

It's true that the low-carb lifestyle isn't for everybody. But please don't give up too soon, even if you run into troublesome parts. Those of us who have finally found "the answer" to our yo-yo dieting woes will be here to reassure you.

Best wishes.

Nagohb
Fri, Apr-20-07, 16:11
Hi Tracy
welcome, I have to say I started back on Atkins march.
And I truly dont know how I would of managed to educate myself as much, about atkins. No matter how much I read the book, you will find you get so much support from everyone on this board, my dh laughs, as I am always on the computer, since I started this diet, the support and help is amazing, and sure is a good incentive as well....we are all on the same path here.........
good luck,
x
Welcome! And what Lian said-this forum is so incredible for the support-there is no one where I go to school that is on this WOE, and Mr Nag is back in the US (and he's not plump like I am) so...there's no support system here but there's an entire world of friends and compatriots on the same/similar plans on this forum.

ttc#2
Mon, Apr-23-07, 12:14
Hey Tracy-

I wanted to encourage you to start a journal.
It makes it easy for people to check your progress, give encouragement, or find you to answer your questions.

Best of luck!

Catholic75
Tue, Apr-24-07, 15:07
Hi Tracy welcome to the boards, don't be scared just stay positive and I have no doubt that you will reach your goal.

Anne :)