PDA

View Full Version : Another long time lurker, who needs help

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

john_c12
Sun, Apr-15-07, 10:32
Hi all, I've been an occasional, long-time lurker who stumbled onto low carbing by accident in April of 2002. I've been through a WHOLE lot since then, and ended in much better shape than when I started, but I yo-yoed in a weird way and I'm not where I want to be.

I'm hoping to spend more time here, looking around and finding the appropriate forums to post and get some helpful pointers to get me to where I want to be.

So, hi. :wave:

hayes
Sun, Apr-15-07, 10:47
Hello john c12.
You have came to the right place for motivation, support and advice.
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your weight loss.

john_c12
Sun, Apr-15-07, 11:12
Thanks for the welcome, Hayes, funny thing is, it’s not so much about weight loss for me, it’s more about size.

I went through a very stressful time a little less than a year before I started low-carbing and I couldn’t eat and lost a lot of weight. Of course once I began eating again I gained it all back and probably then some. Well, after successfully low-carbing with strength training, I was in pants two sizes smaller than my stress induced weight loss; and I weighed 10 pounds more.

So, for me it’s all about size and how I feel, not what I weigh.

Again, I’m glad for the welcome and I’ve already come across some very interesting threads.

I am Kiki
Sun, Apr-15-07, 11:19
Hi John... :wave: I just came out from long time lurkdom as well..

I know just what you're saying, that it's about size, not weight.. That's how I look at it too.. I had to put numbers in, and honestly, it's all best guess.. I wouldn't swear to them at all.. I just can't do scales.. I get way to obsessed...

john_c12
Sun, Apr-15-07, 18:06
Hi Kiki, I remember a few years ago, when I was really happy with where I was at, I was at my doctor's and saw one of those charts on the wall that said I was obese!!! When my doctor came in the room, I pointed that out to him, and he just waved his hand in the air, and said, "that doesn't apply to you, you lift weights". It was so nice to hear that. :)

By the way, I've been reading that thread about Tabata workouts, and I can't wait to try that, I NEED SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really looking forward to getting ideas and motivation from this site, and I am pretty sure I will.

Kisal
Sun, Apr-15-07, 21:26
Welcome, John! Glad to have you with us. :)