PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Middle East!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Sports Guy
Thu, Apr-12-07, 14:44
Hey everyone,

I live in the Middle East, 28 y/o man, with a background in varsity sports (basketball) but not so much anymore because of work and other social commitments...

I used to be fit a few years back when training with the team but not anymore... as you can see in my profile, I'm trying to get back in shape and certainly hope to reach and maintain my goal.

I am glad to have found this forum and salute everyone here.

Take care guys :wave:
SG

Cissie_12
Thu, Apr-12-07, 14:51
Hi! Just wanted to welcome you to the gang and wish you the best of luck in your new woe. Hope you have a huge loss real soon!

Sports Guy
Thu, Apr-12-07, 15:03
Hi! Just wanted to welcome you to the gang and wish you the best of luck in your new woe. Hope you have a huge loss real soon!

Thanks for your welcome :)

Can you tell me how I can record progress as in your bar? (45%)

aprils0909
Thu, Apr-12-07, 15:14
Just curious, are you Middle Eastern or an American living there? I am an American who lives overseas most of the time, so I'm being nosey! I am heading to Asia and don't know how I'm going to survive with rice being considered the meal and meats and veggies are the accompanyments.

Sports Guy
Thu, Apr-12-07, 16:34
I am Lebanese, hence Middle Easterner :)

As you know the ME is different from Asia and we don't have so much rice here... instead it is replaced by bread! :(

Wish you luck in your Asian travel....

OregonRose
Thu, Apr-12-07, 16:44
Welcome, Sports Guy! To get a bar charting your progress, go to www.tickerfactory.com (there are others, like 3fatchicks, but you might not consider yourself a fat chick ;) ).

Good luck!

Sports Guy
Thu, Apr-12-07, 17:11
Welcome, Sports Guy! To get a bar charting your progress, go to www.tickerfactory.com (there are others, like 3fatchicks, but you might not consider yourself a fat chick ;) ).

Good luck!

Thanks it worked! :thup: