PDA

View Full Version : Heeeeeeere's Helly!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Helly
Wed, Feb-06-02, 11:12
Just wanted to introduce myself...

:wave:

I did Atkins 2 years ago and lost 60lbs, however it found me again... plus another 40...

I'm using Atkins now as a tool. I've been referred for gastric bypass surgery, but the surgeon that I've chosen will only perform the procedure laparoscopically (which is basically a less invasive way of doing the procedure... it involves smaller incisions and tiny camera's)

Anyway, he wants me to lose at least 50lbs prior to surgery for my own safety. :thdown: but I will do whatever it takes! :cheer:

I'm very excited :hyper: and determined to lose this weight so I can finally have the life I know I was born to live.

I'm recently married and my husband is the BEST! He loves me unconditionally, and doesn't really want me to have this surgery, but is supportive, as I am doing it for us.... for our future.

Well, that's me in a nutshell. I've tried induction for the last two weeks, but messed up by using nuts, shakes, and protein bars. :nono: I'm totally limiting myself for the next two weeks and forcing gallons of water down! :daze:

I guess that's it!

Rosebud
Wed, Feb-06-02, 17:05
Helly, I've only just got onto the Intro forum and was reading them from the top. I was getting to you and was definitely going to post my "hello and welcome." I'm was sorry to see your thread where you were feeling a little left out. Well, it's not gonna happen! :dazzle: :Party:
See, I'm even throwing a party for you!
I certainly wish you all the best, buuut, has it ocurred to you that with this new way of eating, you might not need the surgery?
Have you searched the net for people's stories who have had the surgery?
I know you're going to look at my stats and think I couldn't possibly understand how you feel, and you're probably right. But I've known of people who've had the surgery and deeply regretted it.
I'm not trying to scare you, just maybe get you to think about losing the weight from this WOE rather than the surgery. I know it will take a long, long time but the eating will be way more enjoyable than after the surgery.
I'm so happy for you that you have a supportive husband. Can make a huge difference.
Good luck to you, Helly, whichever route you choose!

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

Atriana
Wed, Feb-06-02, 17:37
Welcome to the forums!
Starting a journal is a great tool. It gives you motivation and also a way for others to interact with you. Give it a try!

Aine
Wed, Feb-06-02, 17:45
Hi Helly,

Just welcoming you to a wonderful board. I have been here for a couple of weeks and I hope you'll find the forum as supportive, motivating and informative as I have.

It takes a while to figure out all the message threads and even to begin getting through the info here. The best part is that we can see the progrees that real people are making and learn from their experience and mistakes as well. I hope this is fulfilling experience for you.

Take care,

Aine :wave:

Helly
Thu, Feb-07-02, 00:41
I'll write more when I'm awake... lol... but I just wanted to say thank you for welcoming me.

cya! :wave:

gwilson38
Thu, Feb-07-02, 11:45
welcome here! Im wondering if U stick with low-carbing U will take off all the weight U want? Surgery can always be an option down the road..maybe just delay that awhile to see how U do. Either way I wish U luck!