PDA

View Full Version : What should I be eating????

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

alliekat18
Wed, Apr-11-07, 10:03
Hello all! I am new here, just joined today. For about a month, I have been hitting the gym everyday, doing 40 minutes cardio *20 minutes elliptical, 20 minutes stair master*, about 40 minutes weight training (I'll do lower body M, W, F and upper body T, Th, Sat with Sun as my off day) and then about 30 minutes abdominal. I also have hired a personal trainer. When I started a month ago, I weight 137 lbs on a 5'4" frame. I have since lost 6 lbs and am well on my way to my 120 lb. goal.

I am however having a problem with what exactly I should be eating. I have just started taking whey protein shakes after my workouts, but I do not really know how much of what I should be eating (ie: carbs *the good ones*, protein, etc.) Anyone have any advice or know of any websites or books I can read to get some tips??

Thanks,
Alliekat18

Kisal
Wed, Apr-11-07, 10:29
Welcome, AllieKat18! Glad to have you join us. :)

I recommend that you read "Living the Low Carb Life" by Jonny Bowden. It compares a number of low-carb plans, and can help you decide which one might be best for you. What you want to find is a plan that most nearly fits your lifestyle and your preferred foods, so that you can make a life-long commitment to it.

Once you have decided on a specific plan, then it's important to read the book that tells you exactly how to follow the plan. If you still think it's the right plan for you, then buy a copy and read it again and again, until you are thoroughly familiar with it and understand it.

Good luck! :wave:

alliekat18
Wed, Apr-11-07, 10:50
Thank you so much for your advice!

I am so excited to now have this support group. I am already extremely motivated, but I think this will keep me motivated to reach my goal and continue living a long life of healthy eating and living. Thanks again!