PDA

View Full Version : Not Sure if I need meds yet!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

cathlaur
Wed, Feb-06-02, 08:04
Hello I have had a really frustrating day.Yes I am letting the scale dictate my day. I gained 2 pounds over night though I am told that is crazy. Today I will drink enough water to sink a ship. I hope it is just from water!

I had been diagnosed with a slightly hyperactive nodule. It grew to a point were it was pushing on my esphogus. I had surgery two weeks ago to take out the right side of my thyroid out. I feel so different than before. No heart palpatations sweats or hand tremors. But my weight keeps going up and down. I cannot beleive how hard it is. I will have a blood test on the 19th of Feb. At that time they will see whether my thyroid levels are out! Dr is hoping that the left side will be enough.

I hope I do not really have to struggle with my weight now. I have struggled all my life with it! It looks like this could be a long one. Any help or encouragement would be welcome.

Thanks kind of bummed

:wave:

kellyherta
Wed, Apr-10-02, 13:44
Hello - I know this is kind of an old post but thought I might relply anyways - I had one side of my thyroid removed in Jan of this year - I was borderline hypo prior to surgery and having some symptoms of hypo so my endo put me on meds right after surgery and I have had them increased since. I am still borderline low and will have more bloodwork the beginning of May to see if I need another increse. Since surgery, I have gained 15 pounds and eaten less than I ever have in years. Prior to surgery I had lost weight using adkins so I am back here to start Adkins again. I am hoping that with time my thyroid levels will rise and weight gain will end and weight loss will be easier. Good Luck. :daizy: