PDA

View Full Version : New Low Carber?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Mikendomsm
Tue, Apr-10-07, 08:50
I don't know if I'm new at this or not. I've been Somersizing for a whitle now but I'm not losing weight any more. I began to have very dark circles under my eyes and not feel well. I got some Somersweet and started to have desserts and gained back most of what I lost. I then read the Schwarzbein book and I think that sounds more like it's for me if I can sift through it, it's a difficult read. I'm off the artificial sweeteners (anybody wanna buy some SSweet? lol) and I'm eating a little whole grains every day and not food combining. I read The Betty and have been inspired by her menus (the chicken in cream sauce is to-die-for). I feel better already and look a lot better. So, I think I'm low carbing, I know I'm eating only natural whole foods and organic if it's available. I'm going to follow Ben Kim's list of foods with the lowest pesticide levels (regular grocery) and highest (organic). Here's the list in case you don't subscribe http://drbenkim.com/fruits-vegetables-pesticides.html
I love to read journals but I don't think I'm witty or interesting enough to write one, although I do have some good recipes. I could write a recipe journal. Maybe I'll just read them for now. :-)
Anyway, Hello! I don't have a little message up in the right hand corner about my weight yet, I don't know how to make one but I'll learn.
Kara

Voo36
Tue, Apr-10-07, 09:31
Hi Kara,

Welcome to the boards, and by all means start a journal. It can be wonderfully beneficial and nobody else has to read it. Feel free to put whatever you want in there. If they want entertainment they can subscribe to the comedy network ;)

It sux, but sometimes the body perceives any kind of sweetner as just that.. sweetness! So it acts accordingly and weight gain results. I've gotten rid of everything but some liquid sweetzfree that I use in my coffee or tea occasionally. It's been easier than I thought it would be actually.

Good luck, this is a wonderful place for support and information.

katwoman
Tue, Apr-10-07, 12:47
Glad you've found us and I wish you the best with your goals. Living healthy is what this is all about for me as well.

Kisal
Tue, Apr-10-07, 21:05
Welcome, Kara! Glad to have you with us! :wave:

bkloots
Wed, Apr-11-07, 07:29
After more than four years, I'm terribly prejudiced. But I think Atkins is the simplest way to get started on the Low-carb journey. I appreciate all the information I've acquired from reading a wide assortment of low-carb plans, but I still think Atkins captures the essence, and creates a very easy, four-phase framework for changing your eating for life.

For a great overview of the most popular low-carb plans, see Jonny Bowden's book Living the Low-Carb Life. It's probably in the library.

Best wishes.

2bthinner!
Wed, Apr-11-07, 07:34
Until you get to the library. There's a breakdown of a few on this site.

Low Carb plans (http://www.lowcarb.ca/atkins-diet-and-low-carb-plans/)

Mikendomsm
Wed, Apr-11-07, 18:41
Thanks, all of you. What a warm welcome! I'll look through that list of low carb plans when I get a chance.
You're right that Atkins is pretty easy. Just avoiding food groups is the simplest plan. I just didn't feel good or look good on that low of a carb plan. Now I think the Schwarzbein may be too high carb for me so I'm going to have to tweak my diet to get something in between.
Maybe I will start a journal. If for no other reason, I can read it later on to see what worked and what didn't.
Kara