PDA

View Full Version : Hello, newbie from milton keynes U.K.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

caswellhb
Sun, Apr-08-07, 16:26
Hello,
I am fairly new to all this. I am T2 diabetic and need all the help I can get with carb counting.
I am having about 12 - 20g carb a day at the moment balanced with proteins and fats. My blood sugars are good at this level but how long can I continue at this sort of LC rating? Is it safe to stay there long term?
I feel ok except that my weight loss has plataued, yep, stuck!
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,

Heather,

katwoman
Sun, Apr-08-07, 17:42
Welcome--glad you've found us. There are lots of people around here with diabeties who can help with your blood sugar questions. About the stall--that's a normal part of the process so don't get discouraged. Be sure you're taking measurements as it's not uncommon for inches to be lost when the scale isn't moving.

How about more info--how long have you been LCing? Sample menus?

The other advice I would give you is to visit the section of the forum with info about the different plans and choose a specific plan--then learn all you can about how that plan works. Atkins is great for me--but too restrictive for some people.

Kisal
Sun, Apr-08-07, 18:50
Welcome, Heather! Happy to have you with us! :)

You might find some helpful information on our diabetes forum. Here's a link:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45

Best of luck to you! :wave:

caswellhb
Mon, Apr-09-07, 04:25
Thanks for the welcome, folks.

Heather.