PDA

View Full Version : Another Noob Checks In

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Gymshoes
Fri, Apr-06-07, 12:13
Hello,
I started my Atkins diet on March 22nd, the day after the first day of Spring (we dieters always start tomorrow).
During the last part of March I watched my Ketostix tests go from negative to
trace to small to moderate to large. 10 pounds of weight fell off.
Then a friend brought over 6 small pieces of home-made cheescake. The cheescake was given to him by a sweet lil old lady from church. But he was on a diet too, and had to get rid of it. After repeated refusals on my part, He convinced my to take it...I could take it to my sweets-loving dad who is in a nursing home. OK, I'd take it to him the next day.
My sister called the next day and told me not to go visit my dad as she had taken him home for a couple of days. Well, you know what happened to that cheesecake, don't 'ya? I should'a given it to my neighbor. Instead, I ate it all, in bed, watching TV. :(
Anyway, since then I seem to be making absolutely no progress!!
Yesterday I showed a TRACE.
Today I tested NEGATIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
After that day a couple of weeks ago I have eaten NOTHING but meat (with salt, pepper, and hot sauce).

WHATS GOING ON???

Any ideas about why the Ketones are not swowing up?

This is very, very frustrating, especially after having been in the heavy ketone discharge range... :help:

elhill
Fri, Apr-06-07, 12:40
Hi! You should still be following induction. Be careful with hidden sugars in prepared foods. Caffeine and artificial sweeteners are troublesome for some people. List what your typical menu is for the day and we can better help you. Good luck!

Someone this week posted this and I love it--"nothing tastes as good as thin feels"

Kisal
Fri, Apr-06-07, 21:00
Welcome, Gynshoes! I think you will like this site! :)