PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

shiney
Tue, Feb-05-02, 13:54
Hi I am new here and new to low-carbing, so I thought I'd introduce myself. I have a lot of questions and a lot to learn...

Well I've been doing Protein Power for about 2 and a half weeks, and I feel great but I haven't noticed much weight loss. Not sure if I'm doing it right, although I am sticking to the plan and exercising much more than I used to. I guess the "feeling great" part is what really matters anyway!

Looking forward to hearing about everyone's progress and sharing my own...

Thanks!

dizzyd
Tue, Feb-05-02, 20:38
Hi there!

I just hate to see a new person post something and there are no replies, so here I am! I'm new to low-carbing, but dieting is an old thing. You will be amazed at the level of support and encouragement that you will find here. Everyone is absolutely wonderful!

I notice that you don't have much weight to lose, and that could be why it's going slowly for you. If you think of this as a lifetime way of life, then hopefully the time that it takes won't be such a burden. One thing that I have learned is that whenever I give myself a target date to match my target weight, I never make it. Things will invariably get in the way. There will always be little stumbles, so I just focus on the journey and try not think about or guess how long the trip will take.

Sounds like you are doing great so far!

Post again, and read a lot. This place is filled with useful information and friendly folks to help you on your way!

Cheers!

Dizzy D
:daze:

Natrushka
Wed, Feb-06-02, 07:22
Welcome to the forum, Shiney :) and wtg on those first 5 lbs! I wouldnt worry about the number of lbs, Shiney - those with less to lose relatively speaking find the going a bit slower. Its better to look at percentages instead. At 5 lbs lost you're 33% of the way to your goal! If you had 100 lbs to lose it would have taken you 33 lbs to get this far.

You're so right - feeling better is the key to sticking with this WOL - the fat loss becomes a side effect.

Hang in there and keep posting.
Nat