PDA

View Full Version : [BFL] Cardio question

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

pegm
Tue, Feb-05-02, 12:27
Just one more question (I promise)! I've been getting pretty bored with the treadmill -- I'm just dying to do Tai Bo again. Do you think that's compatible with BFL? Excluding warm up and cool down, the actual exercise is about 20 minutes, and I believe someone could vary the intensity of the exercises to reach a 10. I could alternate the Tai Bo and treadmill for a little variety. Do you think that would be okay, or should I just tough out the treadmill for the next 8 weeks?

I would really appreciate your input.

Thanks,

Natrushka
Tue, Feb-05-02, 13:37
Peg, so long as you only do around 20 minutes and you make it high intensity interval cardio you can do anything you want. The idea of the cardio is to get you burning stored fat and to be doing it past the 20 minutes you're working out. Medium intensity for longer periods doesnt burn as much; this has been proven in study after study. The important thing is that you do not do too much cardio and have your lean muscle suffer.

If you can get the tai bo to work for you then good on yah :)

Nat

pegm
Tue, Feb-05-02, 18:48
Thanks for the info, Nat. I think I'll give it a try on Thursday. If I don't believe it's working the way it should I won't use Tai-Bo again. If it does seem to lend itself to the interval intensity, then I'll alternate with the treadmill. I think I'll feel much better once the snow and ice is gone and I can get outside to walk/jog/run -- I probably just have cabin fever and need some variety to relieve the boredom!