PDA

View Full Version : Here I go!!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Domd
Tue, Feb-05-02, 11:53
Hello All,

It's Time for me to make a change in my life and I'm going LoCarb for weight loss and for my health.

I have lost weight on other diets before (10-15 years ago) but could never keep the weight off for very long or make that type of eating a WOL.

I only hope that the past 5-7 years of a very sedentary lifestyle didn't kill my motabolism.

Wish me luck. I'm off!!

Any info you may have to help is more than welcome.

Best regards, Dom

CrazyCurly
Tue, Feb-05-02, 14:43
Hi, it is great that you are taking that first step! :yay: You know what they say, the first one is the hardest. I think you will really find that you love this way of life. Also the people here are very supportive. That would be my advice, find a great support system. Oh yeah, and drink your water! :D

Jess

Natrushka
Tue, Feb-05-02, 15:42
Welcome to the forum and to LC, Dom. You'll find this place chock full of information and support. A good place to start is the thread called "Hot Links!" under "newbies' questions" - it's by Karen and it's loaded with links to discussions on various issues that often arise when you start a LC WOL.

There are also some great articles under "Low Carb Tips" across the top of every page (in orange highlight). "Jazzing up your Induction" might be a good place to start :)

Best of luck to you!
Nat

Domd
Tue, Feb-05-02, 17:35
Thank you for the warm welcome.

I am looking forward to shedding some (ALOT) pounds and feeling more healthy.

Happy LC'ing.

Dom