PDA

View Full Version : Almost done with induction phase

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jbarboza
Fri, Mar-30-07, 22:20
I started Atkins March 19th. I have almost made it through the induction phase. Lost 6 pounds in less then a week, but now weight loss has seemed to stop. I definitely ate more fat (i.e. deviled eggs, egg salad, chicken salad, tuna w/mayo) the first week, but got a little afraid about the amount of mayonnaise I was consuming. It just doesn't seem healthy! Maybe all those years of other low fat diet plans have scared. me. How much mayo is too much mayo?? Is more fat really better? More bacon, sausage, chicken with skin? Help me change my mindset please. I do have to say I have had success with Weight Watchers and lost just over 100 lbs. in just over a year, but seemed to stall, which is why I decided to try Atkins. Also need to say that my gastrointestinal system is much better now! Thanks for any input.

Mousesmom
Sat, Mar-31-07, 07:07
Welcome to the forum!

Fat is your new best friend (your other new best friend is WATER). I eat TONS of mayo and just LOVE it.

Fat will keep you full longer than anything you ever ate on WW.

Enjoy your new WOL!!!

Julie

Kisal
Sat, Mar-31-07, 07:37
Welcome, Jbarboza! I'm glad you have joined us. I think you will find a lot of support, information and encouragement here. :)

Fat is important to the human body. You really don't need to worry about fats in your diet. The only time high fats are dangerous is in conjuntion with a high carb diet. Since you are eating low-carb now, you should be just fine. Perhaps you would enjoy a visit to the Research & Media forum here, where you will find some very interesting material. Here's a link:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4

Best wishes on your LC journey! :wave:

Chabutter
Sat, Mar-31-07, 08:13
I try to pretend Im a cavewoman

jbarboza
Sat, Mar-31-07, 13:20
Thank you all for the support. Just one question - How much mayo is too much mayo? What if I go through a jar a week? Thanks again.

Kisal
Sat, Mar-31-07, 22:41
I don't think there is such a thing as "too much mayo." I use quite a lot of it, because I think it's yummy and I need a high level of fats in my diet, but there are several other sources of good fats, too, and I try to use as many as I can. I use coconut oil, olive oil, bacon fat and fats from other meats, sour cream, heavy cream, butter, etc.