PDA

View Full Version : Red Lobster for lunch tomorrow - suggestions?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ldypgmr
Mon, Feb-04-02, 18:53
Hi all
My boss is treating my team to Red Lobster for lunch tomorrow. I was thinking a shrimp salad ....
any other suggestions or any gotcha's that you can think of?

Thanks

Dee

Gator
Mon, Feb-04-02, 19:47
Shrimp salad sounds great to me!! I can't imagine any carbs in that, unlesss they throw in croutons. Be sure to know what kind of dressing they are using.

I live on a bayou, and we seed the area around the pier with dog food, and when we want a shrimp dinner, we throw a cast net off the pier. Can't get much fresher than that! I sure am glad they are on the "ok" list.

What's the occasion?

http://www.donriddle.com/fish.htm/art2.jpg

ldypgmr
Mon, Feb-04-02, 19:54
Wow, that sounds great!! In Kansas we have our seafood flown in, it's never really fresh.

The company I work for took on some new business. My team busted our buns getting the systems ready to handle the business. The boss is treating us to lunch to thank us for our dedication.

Dee

Gator
Mon, Feb-04-02, 20:08
The Red lobster is a great place. I've never had a bad meal there. And it's easy to get a great meal with very few carbs.

Do your business associates know you are lc'ing?

Good luck and hang in there.

http://www.donriddle.com/house.htm/back6.jpg

ldypgmr
Mon, Feb-04-02, 20:57
Hi Gator:
Yes, my team mates know that I am LCing. They don't understand how I can have a candy bowl full of chocolates in my cube, and not even be interested in them... :roll:

They did ask if there was something I could eat at Red Lobster, and I told them yes. They are very proud of my weight loss and are my loudest cheering section. I am very lucky and have a great job, working with great people at a great company. (And believe me, I don't say that lightly.)

Dee

ldypgmr
Tue, Feb-05-02, 22:14
OK, so with all the prep to go to Red Lobster, it ended up snowing here all day. So instead of driving across town to Red Lobster, we went to Chelsea Bar and Grill.

The group ordered hodorves...I had 1 stuff mushroom. It was legal. Then I ordered a hamburger and had them substitute the fries with a salad.

The guys ate the buns and the roll that was given to me. So I DID IT.....and I feel great.

Thanks all

Dee

DWRolfe
Thu, Feb-07-02, 13:09
I just jumped in to check on you! Glad to hear that things went well for you at the luncheon. :roll:

Look at those numbers of yours in your profile! You go, Dee!

Donald :wave:

bsayne
Thu, Feb-07-02, 14:26
Now I'm hungry for Red Lobster! They have a few good salads...I think the one I had was a Seafood cobb...Very good, NO croutons and dressing on the side...Oh and keep the cheese biscuits,
(as in off my table) Please!

Other wise...Steak and Lobster...with melted butter green veggie and salad w B/C on the side would be my favorite choice and one I get at least once a month at Black Angus...if poss!

Sounds like you did very well and were so supported by your team mates! Now thats good team work! Great Job Dee!

Bsayne

ldypgmr
Thu, Feb-07-02, 18:24
Thanks for the help and kind words.

Yes, the weight is coming off nicely... I hope to post a pic this weekend.

Gotta run, teaching a class in about 30 mins.

Dee