PDA

View Full Version : Lantus

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

SadLady
Tue, Mar-27-07, 03:02
Anyone losing weight on Lantus?

MizKitty
Tue, Mar-27-07, 09:27
I assume you mean "losing weight despite being on Lantus?", since insulin can cause weight gain.

Yes, I use Lantus, and have lost 60 pounds in 30 weeks. I'm only using 16 units a day however, along with metformin and actos.

I keep my carbs to around 30 net per day, and my calories somewhere in the 1600-1800 range. I eat about 65% fat, 25% protein, 5% carb.

I as really worried when the doc added Lantus that it would slow/stop my weight loss, but the office nutritionist told me as long as I wasn't eating the carbs, there wouldn't be any available for the insulin to store as fat. (That's the closest she's ever come to endorsing LC eating!)

Vivid Lily
Tue, Mar-27-07, 17:09
Hi ! I'm also on Lantus and haven't gained any weight - What's been said - it's your diet - Low carbs and no sugar is your answer. Get your carbs from veggies. Try and not eat anything white. except cauliflower. I started using Lantus just a few weeks ago - from using NPH - I really haven't seen any difference from Nph to Lantus except the price. Lantus costs alot more!!!!! Not sure yet but I might go back to Nph. My problem like you - I'm not losing any weight. I think I might need to exercise a little More!!!!! Take cAre Suzy