PDA

View Full Version : A New Begining

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CANDACE M
Mon, Mar-26-07, 16:12
Hi To All! I Am New At This Low Carb Diet And I Must Say That I Really Need Support From You All To Make The Change. I Have A Lot Of Weight To Loose And There Is No Better Time Than Now. My Husband Has Just Quit Smoking (friday Was A Week) And I Am Now Going To Stop Eating All Thoes Bad Carbs :) So Today Is My Ew Begining

bob2112
Mon, Mar-26-07, 16:40
Welcome aboard. Wishing you all the best.

craney
Mon, Mar-26-07, 17:27
Welcome and the best of luck.

Kisal
Mon, Mar-26-07, 18:20
Welcome, Candace! Glad you have joined us. :wave:

CANDACE M
Tue, Mar-27-07, 11:05
I Need To Know If What I Am Eating Is The Right Thing. Let Me Know What You All Were Eating In Your First Two Weeks. Thanks

Fat
Tue, Mar-27-07, 14:13
CANDACE happy to have you here.http://www.gifanimations.com/Image/Animations/Messages/Welcome/~TS1175025921585/welcome_009.gif

Well, my first 2 weeks were very exciting. I ate and ate and ate. Sausage, bacon and eggs for breakfast. Lunch chicken salad with lots of saladressing. Low carb of course. Some times slices of no nitrate meat wraped in cheese. Dinner I would have melted cheese on fried pig skin. Side of some sour cream and salsa and lettuce. Veggies are a big deal on lowcarbing. I have a problem with veggies. My tummy does not like them. So I take my vitamins. Just eat a lot of food that is low carb. I did not eat any store prepared foods. That can cause a stall for me. Everyone is different.

Have a great day. Try going to www.fitday.com (http://www.fitday.com/) Good luck and we are all here to help you.
Anna

honeygurl
Wed, Mar-28-07, 05:20
Hi Candace, Thanks for the comment in my gallery. :) I did lose quickly, but it has slowed way down now. I am probably losing at a safer speed now though. I have also started doing my pilates on a more routine basis. (hated exercise at first..now I am loving it!)

I have two suggestions...1.) Find a copy of Dr Atkins New Diet Revolution and consume it..this is your number 1 tool for success. 2.) Start a journal..this is very helpful in tracking your daily foods, activities, successes, questions, or problem areas. Plus it is a way for your new lowcarb friends to keep up w/ you and post you comments.

When I first started, I read journals...and still do. I love to find someone that has been successful and read their J front to back. (sometimes it takes DAYS to do it, reading a little each day) You can draw alot of inspiration from them. Not only that, but you will see that we all have our struggles and ups and downs. One thing is for sure, we are all different. What works for someone may not work for you. It is a very delicate balance of finding that out.

I'm not a success story yet...but I am one in the making! We all are! :agree:

I wish you the best of luck. Let me know if you start a journal and I will be stoping in to check on you. ;)

shaeintx
Wed, Mar-28-07, 05:32
Welcome Candace.

Fat
Wed, Mar-28-07, 11:36
Hi Candace...Here is an atkins site with all the lowcab induction foods. I hope it helps you.

http://www.atkins.com/articles/atkins-phases/phase-one/acceptable-foods/ (http://www.atkins.com/articles/atkins-phases/phase-one/acceptable-foods/)

It may be helpful to start your own journal.
Please keep in touch.

http://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/hugs.gifAnna

CANDACE M
Thu, Mar-29-07, 10:51
Wow Can You Believe It! I Have Been On This Diet For 4 Days And Have Lost 6 Lbs. I Got On The Scale 3 Times In A Row To See If It Was Real Or If The Scale Was Broke.
And To All Of The People That Respond To Me, I Must Say That I Really Look Forward To See These Notes Every Day. It Gives Me A Little Hope That I Really Need.

Thanks To All

jd girl
Thu, Mar-29-07, 12:21
hey candace....too funny, my husband just quit smoking and i am on a diet too! glad to hear you have kicked off with 6 pounds gone! i am still waiting for my scale to do that...any day now i am hoping!

CANDACE M
Thu, Mar-29-07, 15:44
I Have Tried And Tried To Get A Ticker On My Messages But I Cant Figure Out How. Help

1stBreath
Thu, Mar-29-07, 16:29
Hi Candace. I'm a "Candice" too :)

Congrats on the weight loss. It's awesome how it just rolls off at first!

Kisal
Thu, Mar-29-07, 19:24
I Have Tried And Tried To Get A Ticker On My Messages But I Cant Figure Out How. HelpHi, Candace! Check this thread. It has instructions for creating your ticker:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=322997

Fat
Sat, Mar-31-07, 10:01
Hi Candace...hope you are doing well today. Hope to see your new ticker soon.
Anna

CANDACE M
Mon, Apr-02-07, 10:47
TRY OUT FOR THE TICKER TO SHOW UP? LETS SEE

CANDACE M
Mon, Apr-02-07, 10:49
Ok So I Created My Ticker And I Cant Get It To Show Up On My Replys? What To Do ?

Fat
Mon, Apr-02-07, 11:40
Ok So I Created My Ticker And I Cant Get It To Show Up On My Replys? What To Do ?

Did you put it in signature. Also below where you post is a box that must be checked to show your signature. Hope to see it soon.
Anna

CANDACE M
Tue, Apr-03-07, 16:11
I Give. I Get As Far As This Is Your Ticker And That Is All I Can Do. I Do Not See Anything That Says Signature
And I Cant Click A Box At The Bottom Of This Box What Am I Doing Wrong?

Kisal
Tue, Apr-03-07, 17:54
Candace, after you have created your ticker at tickerfactory.com, you must copy the bbc code that it gives you on the final page. Then you have to come back to this site, click on User CP, which is on the left end of the green tool bar that is at the top of every page here.

After you have clicked on User CP, a page will open that has a "menu" on the left side. The first item in that menu says "Edit Signature." Click on that, and a page will open with a box similar to the boxes that appear when you want to make a new post or a reply to a post. That is where you paste the bbc code that you copied from tickerfactory.com.

Once you have pasted the bbc code into the box, you will see two boxes immediately below the box where you pasted in the code. One says "Preview Signature" and the other says "Save Signature." Click on Preview, and if your ticker looks the way you want it to (you might have to scroll up a bit to see the actual preview), then just click on "Save." That should do it for you!

HTH! :)

CANDACE M
Wed, Apr-04-07, 09:31
Ok Thank You So So So So Much I Would Have Never Figured That Out. I Dont Do A Lot On The Computer. All I Do Is My Job And Talk You You Wonderful People. Now Lets See If It Worked

CANDACE M
Wed, Apr-04-07, 09:33
Yeeee Ha! I Did It All With Your Help. Thank You Thank You Thank You.

It Is So Cut I Love It And By Looking At It Makes Me Feel Like I Have Accomplished Something.

MS. ANNA YOU ARE A VERY KIND PERSON TO TAKE THE TIME TO TYPE ALL OF THAT DOWN. THANK YOU FOR THE TIME YOU SPENT TO HELP ME UNDERSTAND HOW THAT WORKS.

Fat
Wed, Apr-04-07, 11:15
Ok, and your welcome..now how about a journal on this forum just for you too. That way I can come visit you there. Also good for supporting one another. I need it too.

Hugs,
Anna

CANDACE M
Thu, Apr-05-07, 12:24
Hey I Have Tried To Start My Journal And I Even Started Every Thing Did My Charts And Typed My Firt Entry But Now I Cant Find How To Get Back There. Can Yo Tell Me Where To Go To Find That. Thanks In Advance For Your Help.

Fat
Thu, Apr-05-07, 14:23
http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36 (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36) You don't have a journal far as I can see. It would have been listed on your Profile and it is not. Go to this site and start over..so sorry about that. This time save what you write copy and paste so you don't have to do it all over again.

Let me know when you get one ok.
Anna