PDA

View Full Version : new member - hello!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

daisywench
Mon, Mar-26-07, 11:29
Hi, my name is Karen, this is my 3rd time doing Atkins..hopefully this one will be for good. Holidays always bumped me out. I started February 26th, and I'm down 20 pounds. I've hit a stall, and cheated a bit last night after an emotional breakdown Saturday night. Could have been hunger, could have been PMS'ing, but anyway, I'm back on the wagon today. I didn't do too badly last night, just had a few roasted taters and shared a piece of cheesecake with my boyfriend. I'm considering doing the Meat and Egg fast, but I'm trying to read up on all the details. I know I need to drink more water, and get in some exercise, which I am committed to doing. I also don't think I'm eating enough, I've become a bit complacent about food, and I don't think I'm getting enough calories. I eat mostly chicken, skin on , just baked in the oven, and eggs with a bit of cheese for breakfast. A small salad with grilled chicken for lunch, and some kind of meat and very low carb veggies for dinner. I do have a vodka/soda water a few nights a week, but I've always been able to lose even with the vodka. I have one coffee in the AM with cream.
I'm 5'9, and currently weigh 200 pounds. Hoping to lose at least another 20 pounds.
anyway, just wanted to say hi, and introduce myself.
Thanks for all the info in here, great place!

katwoman
Mon, Mar-26-07, 13:01
Hiya Daisy--welcome aboard. This is a great place to help keep us focused on our goals and to get advice.

For more variety in your menu--check out some of the recipes posted on the forum.

bob2112
Mon, Mar-26-07, 13:06
Welcome to the forums. Wishing you all the best.

Kisal
Mon, Mar-26-07, 18:03
Welcome, Karen! Glad you have joined us. Check the Kitchen forum for some great recipes, so that you don't become bored with your foods. :wave: