PDA

View Full Version : Hi Thinking a serious try at this low carb thing

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

SaltyDavis
Sat, Mar-24-07, 17:06
Hi I'm male 37 and 291lb and live in N.Ireland married and have one son , I tried Atkins about a year ago but stopped loosing after I lost 28lb, I don't think I was strict enough with the diet and ate to many carbs. Going to give it a serious try this time, if anyone has got some links to good low carb books I could read , I've have a book on Atkins but I see there are a few low carb diets , I would like to read up about a few of them or maybe even a DVD ?

I used to be a Five minute miler and triathlete and would do things like parachuting, kayaking and mountain marathons etc But I had a bit of a bad landing one day and fractured my spine, I've been steadily putting on the weight ever since, I want to get back to something like my former self maybe not a 150 lb athlete but I think my wife would appreciate it if I got down to 195lb. It’s something I want back but haven’t given it a serious go until now….Anyway just saying hi . :D

bob2112
Sat, Mar-24-07, 17:10
Welcome to the forums. Glad to have you onboard. The sky is the limit!! You can do it!!

Kisal
Sat, Mar-24-07, 20:28
Welcome, SaltyDavis! I think you will like this site. There is a lot of infomation here that will help you. :wave:

JAnn
Sat, Mar-24-07, 20:33
Welcome. At the top of the page there is a link for Plans. There you will find a synopsis for many different plans.

SaltyDavis
Sun, Mar-25-07, 15:16
Thanks for the welcome :D