PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Bellator
Thu, Mar-22-07, 12:00
Hi there I,ve been on Atkins now for 11 days and have lost 6lbs. Just wondering does the cream I use in coffee (double) and the calories it contains be limited and if so to how much per day? :)

penelope
Thu, Mar-22-07, 12:07
Here is all the info you need to start if you do not have the book.

http://www.lowcarb.ca/atkins-diet-and-low-carb-plans/atkins-diet.html

Bellator
Thu, Mar-22-07, 13:11

popeye_w
Thu, Mar-22-07, 14:11
six pounds is good! Congrats and welcome to the forum.

BTW - are you getting your coffee at a stand? cuz I think they put stuff in it besides cream, sometimes the cream is sweetened.

Kisal
Thu, Mar-22-07, 19:25
Welcome, Bellator! You're doing great! :thup: :thup: :thup: Keep up the good work! :)

Bellator
Fri, Mar-23-07, 02:25
No I don't get it from a stand just regular decaf at home. :)

Kisal
Fri, Mar-23-07, 02:49
The double cream is an allowed food. You will find it on the "Beverages" list. It should be limited to 2 to 3 Tablespoons/day.

However, on the list of "Special Category Foods," you will find 'one ounce of sour cream, or 3 ounces of unsweetened heavy cream." These different amounts allowed for heavy cream are, IMHO, an either/or situation. Don't just add the two amounts together and use 4 or more ounces of cream/day.

In regard to the Special Category Foods, the DANDR edition of Dr. A's book includes the cautionary statement: "But be aware that these foods occasionally slow down weight loss in some people. If you seem to be losing slowly, moderate your intake of these foods."

Some members have had to completely eliminate dairy products from their diets. You might want to try that for a week or so, just to see if you start to lose faster. Just a suggestion. :)

bob2112
Fri, Mar-23-07, 05:37
Welcome to the forums. Wishing you all the best on your success.

Bellator
Fri, Mar-23-07, 10:47
I have bought some lactose free milk which is both low on carbs and calories, so will give that go as I was feeling a bit guilt ridden about the cream. I will include cream later on in the diet, hopefully with a couple of strawberries. :yum: