PDA

View Full Version : Help! Meat's becoming sickening!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ruby
Sat, Feb-02-02, 22:48
Hi,
I've been doing quite well. Had a few cheats but now on track. My carb cravings are well under control, appetite suppression has kicked in, my weight loss is looking very good, energy restored and feeling overall, pretty good.

Cooked beautiful salmon filets, extra lean pork, everything stocked and ready to eat. When I open the fridge door and look at the salmon it almost makes me sick, (not what Atkins means by appetite suppression though, right?) A wee bite of that salmon makes me feel plain old pukey! Gut turning fee ling. Egad! What now? Tell me this is just a passing phase?

Maybe I've been eating too much protein?

Today: 2 eggs
1 oz cheese
1 tbsp sour cream
2 tbsp avocado
7 oz pork meatballs (extra lean) with chives and soya
sauce
2/3 cup of sliced mushrooms
2 green onions
6 tablespoons 15% cream
1 instant decaf coffee
1 brewed decaf coffee
2 oz salmon
3 oz pork meatballs as a snack
3 oz smoked Schneider's turkey on the run.

I mean it's all fat and meat. I know this is induction and I can handle that. When I ran it through fitday it totalled 94 grams protein. (I'm on Atkins, but PP suggests 55 grams for me. So I'm way over. Is this why I'm feeling sick of meat?

Has anyone else felt this way and what should I do? I was thinking of reducing the protein total. Maybe that would help.

Right now, the protein is what I snack on, as per induction.

Oh my, meat, meat and more meat! :wave: Any suggestions?

Ruby :daze:

teegee
Sun, Feb-03-02, 05:25
Originally posted by ruby
Hi,
I've been doing quite well. Had a few cheats but now on track. My carb cravings are well under control, appetite suppression has kicked in, my weight loss is looking very good, energy restored and feeling overall, pretty good.

Cooked beautiful salmon filets, extra lean pork, everything stocked and ready to eat. When I open the fridge door and look at the salmon it almost makes me sick, (not what Atkins means by appetite suppression though, right?) A wee bite of that salmon makes me feel plain old pukey! Gut turning fee ling. Egad! What now? Tell me this is just a passing phase?

Maybe I've been eating too much protein?

Today: 2 eggs
1 oz cheese
1 tbsp sour cream
2 tbsp avocado
7 oz pork meatballs (extra lean) with chives and soya
sauce
2/3 cup of sliced mushrooms
2 green onions
6 tablespoons 15% cream
1 instant decaf coffee
1 brewed decaf coffee
2 oz salmon
3 oz pork meatballs as a snack
3 oz smoked Schneider's turkey on the run.

I mean it's all fat and meat. I know this is induction and I can handle that. When I ran it through fitday it totalled 94 grams protein. (I'm on Atkins, but PP suggests 55 grams for me. So I'm way over. Is this why I'm feeling sick of meat?

Has anyone else felt this way and what should I do? I was thinking of reducing the protein total. Maybe that would help.

Right now, the protein is what I snack on, as per induction.

Oh my, meat, meat and more meat! :wave: Any suggestions?

Ruby :daze:

Hi Ruby,

I am new to LC and on week two of induction and after about 4 days on induction I had the same reaction of feeling sick. Just the thought of the meat and fats would turn my stomach! A few people recommended I add just a few more vegy's and it really made a difference. I saw on your menu, that there were no leafy greens, or broccoli, salad, celery, etc etc. perhaps it might work for you too. Good luck!

Regards,
Terri

Natrushka
Sun, Feb-03-02, 10:04
Where are your green veggies? LC includes carbs. If you're past induction there are things you can add to your diet - berries, more vegetables, some seeds and nuts (in moderation), cottage cheese.

FYI, the minimum protein requirement for women is 60g a day. The numbers from PP are also the bare minimum - this isnt what you should eat max every day - it is the MINIMUM. In order to eat "too much protein" you'd have to be downing close to 200g a day - something next to impossible unless you're supplementing with shakes.

Try mixing up your menu more, adding in some new foods and upping your carbs a little. LC is supposed to be a WOL - it has to be something you can do forever.

Nat

LC_Dave
Sun, Feb-03-02, 10:34
CHEESE! :p Cheese is the answer to meat!

Cottage cheese is beautiful with salad and also nice with runny boiled eggs! Boiled eggs are an answer too!

As long as cheese is not affecting ketosis - have as much as that as you want!, and you could prolly have less meat then!

LC_(Chessey)Dave
:D :D :D

Natrushka
Sun, Feb-03-02, 10:41
Dave, Atkins advises limiting cheese to 4 oz a day - something that is a good idea for most women. Dairy can be a big staller for women - no one is sure exactly why. Of course this is not the case for all of us; and certainly not the case for most men - that extra lean body mass sure comes in handy :)

Nat

merita41
Sun, Feb-03-02, 18:04
I was getting like that to, I was eating mainly steaks and hambuger,fried.So I went to some of the recipes sites and downloaded a bunch of them. Tonight I made a quiche and it was very low carb and very tasty. I've never been much of a cook but find that I'm enjoying learning how to make hambuger interesting. HOWEVER, I made the Chocolate mousse, It was so
good that I want to polish off all of it, I'm trying to restrain myself. I guess that just proves that I shouldn't have anything sweet even if its sweetened with Splenda.What was I talking about? OH yea, mix it up, do different recipes.

ruby
Sun, Feb-03-02, 19:52
Hello All,
Thanks for your tips. I do need more green veggies. Thanks Nat for that reminder. I had two servings of broccoli rabe today and feel better. I'm surprised about the 60g minimum of protein.

You guys are all great and thanks for your encouragement.

Ruby :wave: