PDA

View Full Version : Fat and Cheese ?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

nolly
Sat, Feb-02-02, 16:53
:help: Could someone please explain to me why reducing fat & limiting cheese intake will help you lose?I was under the impression that we were allowed to eat these things freely(FAT FAST). Help!!! This is getting frustrating. My mom had such an easy time losing eating cheese & heavy cream.:confused:
Nolly

razzle
Sat, Feb-02-02, 19:52
2 reasons I can think of quickly

1) lactose intolerance. food sensitivities--even mild ones--can stall weight loss. half the population of earth is fairly intolerant of dairy (in general, the lighter your skin, the more likely you can tolerate it)

2) excess caloric consumption in some people. There are people who eat bacon, butter, oil, cheese, a half cup of heavy cream, every single day. As the LC doctors point out, while you get a metabolic boost from LC that somewhat improves the traditional calorie intake = body fat formulas, you also cannot eat 5000 calories per day and lose.

If it's a choice for you between overeating dairy for awhile and going off-plan otherwise, it's certainly much less dangerous than many other choices! You may find your desire for it lessens as your system returns to a healthy, normal state.

LC Sponge
Sun, Feb-03-02, 18:40
Hi nolly - it's been my personal experience that eating fats early on (with a fair amount of abandon) is perfectly ok. The caution about cheese, isn't because of the fat content. It's the salt.

Reductions of fats, for some folks is necessary as they near goal. As we lose weight, we need less calories. So it goes without saying that you have to eat less of something :)

nsmith4366
Sat, May-25-02, 14:21
I've been eating NO SALT cheese - full fat for about a week. Haven't lost a thing, haven't gained, but not lost. Cheese is out for a week now. ? I'm not lactose intolerant -

? I think it just stalls some people. Wouldn't surprise me if HORMONES (which are stored in COWFAT, just like hormones are stored in people-fat), are the trouble...but I'm guessing???

Milk products seem to be a problem for me, but as long as I make my own yogurt (get all the lactose OUT 28 hours incubation no kidding at 115 - the goat yogurt seems to be okay...

well, I'm working on this.

Butter??? Butter I don't know - don't know...why would cheese stall people and not butter if cheese is only consumed in 1-2 oz daily and butter intake is not excessive?