PDA

View Full Version : I'm doing it!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

thinbound
Fri, Feb-01-02, 13:03
Yahooo!! This is working! My cravings are gone. That is a wild feeling. It seems too easy, but the weight keeps coming off. My fears include "Is this really healthy" and "how am I going to keep it off this time" With all of your help, I hope!

Thanks in Advance!

gwilson38
Fri, Feb-01-02, 13:46
welcome here and great to hear about your success! As for is this healthly..there is and will always be a lot of discussion about that. I look at the fact that I have put myself in remission from my fibromyalgia because of low-carbing. Also soooo many have dodged the heart disease bullet because of this woe. Just read as much as U can about the subject and hey go with how ya feel!

razzle
Fri, Feb-01-02, 16:49
nice start, there, thinbound!

Yes, isn't the absence of cravings nice? Respect that and try to avoid that "just a taste" down the road in a couple of months--it's amazing how quickly full-blown carb addiction can return!

I've lost and gained weight before, too, and do have some faith that the learning that takes place with this WOE can keep the weight off. Keep learning, take one step at a time, delve into the various components of maintenance when you feel ready...and this can be the LAST time you have to lose weight. Ahhh, won't that be wonderful?