PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Gulf Coast

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Gator
Fri, Feb-01-02, 12:17
Hello everyone, I live on the Gulf Coast (my back yard is on a bayou), I have 3 children, and have been low carbing for 4 weeks now. In that time, I have lost 36 pounds. Even though a good portion of it is probably water, I feel much better already, and my blood pressure has dropped from 160/120 to 125/77.

I am not on the atkins, but am doing this through a local diet clinic called "Hi-Energy". We weigh in 3 times a week, take in urine specimens twice a week, get blood pressure taken once a week, and attend classes. They also do a complete blood profile every 6 weeks. It is a lot of support, but it is great to find a site like this to get more ideas and feedback.

I have been fighting this weight for several years, and this is the first system that has worked for me.

It is not quite as strict as atkins. Protein/wheat bread/supplement for breakfast; Protein/fruit/vegetable/supplement for lunch; Protein/salad/vegetable/wheat bread for supper.

I have a personal website I built for a foreign exchange student, which is www.donriddle.com.

It's great to be here, and hope I can contribute some positive vibes.

wbahn
Fri, Feb-01-02, 13:24
Ah, the Gulf Coast. I was stationed at Tyndall (Panama City, FL) for a bit over a year. Beautiful, but hated the humidity.

Welcome aboard. You and I are starting out at nearly identical weights and have identical goals. I hope your first month's success is a harbinger of my own - though I think I will come in well under that.

It's good to see places popping up that are geared to supporting the LC lifestyle. Keep it up.

Stardust
Fri, Feb-01-02, 17:53
You have a great start. What an inspriation to us all. Keep up the good work.

I just want to drop in and say hi and welcome. :wave:

Gator
Sun, Feb-03-02, 16:47
Hi wbahn,

Thanks for the reply.

As you said, looks like we are in the same "boat". Good luck to you. I will stay in touch, so we can provide some mutual encouragement.