PDA

View Full Version : Withdrawl Reversal?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

lauraW
Fri, Feb-01-02, 12:13
Hi my fellow LC'ers...

I thought I would try modifying my Atkins a bit to a plan that I used a couple of years ago..calle the Prism. Basically it is a low calorie, no white sugar or flour type of a thing..and you are allowed brown rice and 3 rice cakes a day.

Well..what a mistake that was..I did it for two days and am now sicker than a dog..with headaches and upset stomach. I am thinking this is my body telling me that I cannot tolerate this type of carbohydrate count. I have never felt so awful..just from the rice and milk..

I have now learned that I have to stay on this program for my own health..and well being...

Kind of a hard lesson to learn since I feel so crappy..but a necessary one at that...

Laura :)

LC Sponge
Fri, Feb-01-02, 18:11
Yup - did that lesson :) Still remember it. Mine involved puff pastry.

Imagine your first cigarette after a period of non-smoking. Or your first drink after a period of abstinence.

We build tolerances to things that are not good for us. Amazing eh?