PDA

View Full Version : confused?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

kkma1861
Fri, Feb-01-02, 07:42
what is wrong with eating cheese?
ive now read on a number of occasions that people are watching there cheese intake?why?? im eating cheese everyday and find its great to supress your appitite.

why is it not good to eat it everyday???
:rolleyes:

Natrushka
Fri, Feb-01-02, 08:05
kkma1861, there's nothing wrong with eating cheese. Have you heard the saying "Everything in moderation"? For many people, especially women, cheese can cause a slow down in fat loss. There are many theories on why (dairy is full of hormones, it can be very salty causing water retentions etc). The key thing to remember is everyone is different - YMMV (Your Milage May Vary). Men seem to be less effected by these stalling foods, if we can call them that.

The guidlines are 4 oz of cheese a day (for Atkins that is). When you find yourself plateauing out you try to eliminate things from your daily diet that might be causing the slow down - cheese is among the first to go (usually followed by nuts and artificial sweetners).

If you're losing fat and eating your cheese I wouldnt worry about it.

Nat

allisonm
Sun, Feb-03-02, 19:46
Cheese causes stalls in SOME people. Others of us eat it without any problem. As Nat pointed out, the guideline is to eat no more than a quarter pound a day! That's A LOT of cheese. I'm pretty sure I've had cheese every day since June and I'm losing fast!

The guidelines in here are for people who have already tried the basics and have stalled for months on end. In those cases, eliminating cheese is one of several things to try changing. But if you're not at that point, there's no reason to alter the basic plan. For most people the basics work well.

No need to be a cheese martyr until everything else fails to work. :D

Allison