PDA

View Full Version : Cinnamon Cheese Danish Atkins Rolls (with pictures)

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

BettyR
Mon, Feb-05-07, 12:32
This is an old recipe that I just came across on another forum. I made the Atkins Revolution Rolls when I first started this diet and I hated them! I was a bit reluctant to try this recipe because of that but Iím so glad I did, these are so good. The recipe makes six and I eat two for breakfast as bread with my bacon and eggs.

If you make it with liquid Splenda or a sugar alcohol, you can get the carbs down to 2..otherwise they are about 4..because of the Splenda's filler.

The pastry part has the texture of a firm bread pudding and the filling is like a creamy cheesecake. They also help kill the craving for something sweet that I always seem to have in the mornings.

I donít have a muffin top pan, which is the recommended way of cooking, so I used a cereal bowl as a form and made some little foil cups then sprayed them with cooking spray.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lowcarb-recipe-help-suggestions/104053-cinnamon-cheese-danish-atkins-rolls.html

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t36/BettyR_139/Picture333CinnamonCheeseDanishAtkin.jpg

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t36/BettyR_139/Picture332CinnamonCheeseDanishAtkin.jpg

Cissie_12
Mon, Feb-05-07, 12:36
OH those look sooooooooooooooo yummy! Guess I need to find some erythritol. I keep reading about that product on here but have no idea what it is.

Cissie

BettyR
Mon, Feb-05-07, 12:58
OH those look sooooooooooooooo yummy! Guess I need to find some erythritol. I keep reading about that product on here but have no idea what it is.

Cissie

Hi Cissie,
Erythritol is a sugar alcohol; I add it to anything that I put Splenda in. To me Splenda has a kind of funky aftertaste and the Erythritol kills the aftertaste and slightly boosts the sweetness. For 1/4 cup of Splenda, I add 1 tablespoon of Erythritol. It even makes Splenda taste good in chocolate; without it Splenda and chocolate tastes like something that would kill you.

I order it from Honeyville, here's the link if you would like to get some.

http://store.honeyvillegrain.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=652

Annie1gi
Mon, Feb-05-07, 13:02
Looks delicious!!!! :thup:

mymadori
Mon, Feb-05-07, 13:46
I think I have everything I need to make these!!! I'm going to give it a try tonight!

tripletmom
Mon, Feb-05-07, 14:59
I think I've got everything to make these as well... they sure look tasty! Thanks for sharing!

BankerMom
Mon, Feb-05-07, 18:15
Those look DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! :yum: :agree:

Laura W
Mon, Feb-05-07, 20:53
These do look good. Thanks for sharing.

BettyR
Tue, Feb-06-07, 11:05
I had one of these rolls cold this morning and I think they are even better cold than warm. They are like a rich cheesecake desert of some kind.

I'm going to try to make one with a chocolate filling next time and see how that works. Cinnamon and chocolate are really good together so I think that I'm going to leave the pasty part cinnamon with a chocolate center.

msdbobby
Tue, Feb-06-07, 15:58
Thanks for the recipe. I'm definitely going to try it soon! I'm going to try it w/ the foil cups just like you did. I do have muffin pans but I think for a danish I want to have bigger rounds like the pic shows. They've been on my mind since you first posted the recipe, I want to experiment by adding alittle sf jelly swirled into the cream cheese topping :yum:

BettyR
Tue, Feb-06-07, 16:16
Thanks for the recipe. I'm definitely going to try it soon! I'm going to try it w/ the foil cups just like you did. I do have muffin pans but I think for a danish I want to have bigger rounds like the pic shows. They've been on my mind since you first posted the recipe, I want to experiment by adding alittle sf jelly swirled into the cream cheese topping :yum:

Oh the jelly sounds really good.

JAnn
Thu, Aug-23-07, 10:50
Uh, where's the picture? :confused: