PDA

View Full Version : Going off carbs?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

shaz
Wed, Jan-30-02, 13:32
Has anyone else found that they are no longer enjoying carbs very much?

(I am on my third week of induction because each time I had some bread or a sweet it threw me completely out of ketosis)

Anyway, I had a slice of bread and it had no taste; I stole a chip and it had no taste; I had some chocolate and it just didn't taste the way I remember it.

It's really weird, but it just doesn't seem worth eathing bread, potato, rice etc any more.

Shaz :q:

tacolicous
Wed, Jan-30-02, 14:01
I havent cheated but I can tell you that I have no desire to have the carbs that I once ate. I have been on induction for almost 2 weeks now. I really love this way of eating. I really dont miss anything at all. Good luck to you! :thup:

Erin4980
Wed, Jan-30-02, 16:08
Since I've switched, I hate the way the rice and bread carbs make me feel - all bloated and yuckky. Actually breads taste more "flourery" to me. However, I still love FRITOS...I have to keep them out of my house...lol.

I don't even know how this diet has bad things said about it.
Good Luck,
Erin

shaz
Fri, Feb-01-02, 16:45
I was explaining to someone today about what I could eat on this plan and they told me that two people they know had developed diabetes through not eating carbs!

This sounded really weird to me as I thought it was the carbs that caused the insulin levels to spike and cause problems?

Anyone know if it was just scaremongering or if there have been any reported links?

shaz

On the changing taste of carbs, it's just so weird to fancy something like a slice of bread or a cake and then not eat it because it tasted funny!

bsayne
Fri, Feb-01-02, 16:56
Seems like there are so many scary tales for Low Carbers! Just yesterday my trainer gave me a list of the the 10 good things people do that are bad for you...naturally giving up sugar was on there with the reasoning that if you eat "good" sugars...like strawberries with chocolate syrup...then you will then be less likely to binge on a bag of cookies....duh...I can have the strawberries...(~1 Carb for 1-3/8" diameter berry)...with whip cream and never even miss the stupid cookies! Our bodies are built to crave sugar the article says....well honey, not this body anymore! No thanks to advice like theirs! Low carb was on the list too, naturally!

I am doing this program in part to prevent the onset of diabetes and my insulin levels have never been better!

Bsayne

shaz
Fri, Feb-01-02, 17:19
Originally posted by bsayne
I am doing this program in part to prevent the onset of diabetes and my insulin levels have never been better!

Bsayne

Thanks Bsayne - that's what I was thinking

Shaz

LC Sponge
Fri, Feb-01-02, 18:08
Originally posted by bsayne
...the reasoning that if you eat "good" sugars...like strawberries with chocolate syrup...then you will then be less likely to binge on a bag of cookies....duh.
Bsayne LOL - just when you think you'd heard everything :)