PDA

View Full Version : Non-dairy, no corn sweet treat?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

DivaDani
Wed, Jan-30-02, 12:29
I really miss my crustless cheesecake, but I had to cut out cream cheese to narrow down my dairy food intolerance. (Also cut out corn). Hopefully, I'll be able to put the cream cheese back in my diet, but for now cream is the only approved cow product. Any suggestions on a sweet treat that would be the consistency of cheesecake or pudding? I eat sf jello on occasion, but it's just not the same.

Karen
Wed, Jan-30-02, 15:07
I don't have a recipe for it, but you can puree soft or silken tofu in the food processor and add a nut butter like almond to it until it thickens and artificial sweetener. It will thicken further in the fridge. You can also with the nut butter or not, add almond extract or vanilla and unsweetened melted chocolate. All the ingredients should be at room temperature or the chocolate will seize up.

In my more "bingeful" days, I would mix nut butter, artificial sweetener, cocoa and and enough water to thicken it and eat it as a pudding.

Karen

DivaDani
Wed, Jan-30-02, 15:31
Thanks, Karen. I'll give the chocolate nut butter tofu mixture a try - it doesn't sound bad at all!