PDA

View Full Version : One Year Smoke-Free!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

waywardsis
Mon, Jan-29-07, 14:10
Today is my one-year anniversary of being a non-smoker! Never thought I'd see the day.

If I did that...I can do ANYTHING. This was a huge accomplishment for me.

I'm using this to motivate myself not to cheat, food-wise. If I can go without cigarettes, which I didn't do for more than an hour at a time for almost twenty years, I can go without the little carby things that add up (ketchup, etc) and the bigger, nastier "treats" that aren't treats at all (chips!!). If I can consistently stay a non-smoker, I can consistently stay low-carb.

You can too! :agree:

Nancy LC
Mon, Jan-29-07, 14:38
Congratulations! Doesn't it feel wonderful? :)

I lost count of my own years smoke free. Been a long, long time now!

FatFreeMe
Fri, Feb-02-07, 05:36
Congrats Sis! I know how tough it is to quit smoking! I quit Jan 7/01, and never looked back. That is the reason I started low Carb Jan 7/07 (sorta superstitous here) I had smoked for 21 years. Course, that's also why I am 50+ lbs heavier then I was 6 years ago too. If we can quit smoking, we can do ANYTHING! go US!

ceddiana77
Fri, Feb-23-07, 13:20
You rock, Waywardsis! Congrats! Think of you much damage you have undone in a year...tons!!!!!

I've been smoke free since 1/01/07. I now dream of cigarettes, even though when I smell the smoke it's sickening. Go figure.

CNYMom
Fri, Feb-23-07, 13:36
Congratulations! That is not a simple thing to accomplish! The way I look at it is, if we can do that, we can do anything!

Robin

(Completely smoke free since 8/26/05)

Radicchio
Fri, Feb-23-07, 20:07
Congrats! :cool:

jenpat
Sun, Feb-25-07, 10:30
Hi i`m Jen a new member here.. I gave up smoking 3 years ago this month..that`s where all my new found weight came from!!
It was easy giving up the ciggies but boy, am I having a time of it trying to master this low carb thing...need all the help I can get.
any help appreciated..
Jen

12nomore
Mon, Feb-26-07, 05:45
Hi Jen. I'm new to this website too, but have been doing LC on and off for years. Congrats on smoking- I just celebrated 3 years myself- its a great feeling! I have moments when I think I gave up everything good in life, between smoking and eating carbs, but those moments pass. Not smoking and eating right make me feel a million times better than I used to- I'm so much healthier and you are too! Hang in there-this website is a great source of info and inspiration and ideas.

Lisa N
Tue, Feb-27-07, 17:22
Way to go all you non-smokers! :thup:
I just passed my 16 month anniversary of being nicotine free. It's been nice not having bronchitis all winter this year. That and not having to freeze my kibbles and bits off smoking outside. :D

waywardsis
Tue, Feb-27-07, 23:13
Yeah, way to go us!

It's been nice not having to keep the windows open on freezing cold days to air out my apartment. It's been nice not to have to wipe ashes up, everywhere. It's been nice to BREATHE DEEPLY.

Oh I love it! Wish my BF would quit - he did but went back. I am trying not to be one of those preachy former smokers but man, it's hard.

niudog
Thu, Mar-01-07, 11:18
Congrats!
I'll second that!!!

WHOOT!!!

mzsunrize
Fri, Oct-05-07, 16:17
I know this is and older thread but I wanna say congrats on your MORE than one year of smoke free!

This month marks my ONE year smoke free! YEAY!

LattéLover
Sat, Oct-06-07, 07:04
CONGRATULATIONS MZSUNRIZE!!!!

THat is an amazing accomplishment to be smoke-free for one year! I admire you for that and have always been glad i never started since i can have that addictive type of thing probably. You have done so much for your health and i bet your loved ones are grateful! What determination!

Latté