PDA

View Full Version : New Here!!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

azgirl830
Wed, Jan-30-02, 01:19
Hello Everyone..
I am new here. I like this place, I have been reading some of the things you have been writting here. This is a big help for me to have people to talk to and get info from. I started the diet a week ago. I have lost 5 pounds but I am having a hard time staying on the diet. I have never been one to stay on a diet.. I have about 60 pounds to lose to be at a good weight. I am at 190 right now..
So I am looking for support here with all of you. Hope that by reading all the posts everyday will help me out.. I would like to hear how some of you are doing on this diet. I am on the Atkins low carb diet..
Thanks and look forward to hearing from you all and reading the posts... Have a good day! Monica

gwilson38
Wed, Jan-30-02, 08:13
welcome here! This is a great place with lots of inspiration. If U look at my stats to the left U will see how kind Dr. Atkins diet was {IS} for me. I love it! It has cleared up some medical problems and I can now go into a store and try on anything I want. One suggestion is to NOT treat this as a diet but a WAY OF LIFE. If u want, go to the journal section and read my entry called "better late than never" Good luck on your journey!

azgirl830
Wed, Jan-30-02, 23:04
:wave: Hello, Thanks for replying.. I am about to go read your journal... Thanks for the info to about not thinking of it as a Diet but a lifestyle change.. Your stats are great. You have gotten to a smaller size then you planned... That is so great and so much an inspire to me.. I will keep you posted! Thanks.!! Monica

Marlaine
Wed, Jan-30-02, 23:50
Hi Monica....

Welcome to the forum!! You are right....this is a GREAT place. I'd like to suggest that you start yourself a journal. It will help to make you feel at home and it will give the rest of us a place to come and visit you. Yes...the journals are a wonderful place to spend time, reading and being inspired.

I look forward to following your progress.

Marlaine

wbahn
Thu, Jan-31-02, 10:33
Welcome aboard! :wave:

This truly is a wonderful forum. You'll find lots of support and advice and explanations and just plain pleasant people trying to make positive changes in their lives.

I heartily second the recommendation to start a journal.