PDA

View Full Version : Connie's Chinese Chicken Fingers

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

fern2340
Tue, Jan-29-02, 20:39
I am not sure who Connie is or where I got this recipe but it is good!

1/3 c lemon juice
2 T soy sauce
2 T Dijon mustard
1 t peanut oil
1/8 t cayenne pepper
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts-- 2 cut up into 8 slices

Combine the lemon juice, soy sauce, mustard, oil and cayenne pepper in medium-sized bowl. Add the chicen strips and toss well to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour, tossing occassionally. Preheat the broiler and lightly grease the broiler pan rack. Place the chicken strips on the rack about 1 inch apart and broil 4-5 inches from the heat fpr 5 minutes, brushing once with the soy sauce mixture halfway through cooking. Turn the chicken and broil 5 minutes longer, again brushing w/ the soy sauce mixture halfway through.

I didn;t have peanut oil so used sesame oil instead. Also, just stuck these in the oven and they came out GREAT! Used 3 pieces of chicken and that made 10 good sized strips.

I dipped them in soy sauce and they tasted GREAT!