PDA

View Full Version : New girl here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

reneny
Tue, Jan-29-02, 15:04
Hiya all! I am new but have been reading the boards for about two weeks. I will be starting a journal here today or tomorrow so I won't dish my whole story here.

Did Atkins in 1999 and lost 30# in two months. Then, was seperated for a while. Went on the always classic Red wine and Diet Coke diet and lost 30# in a month. Reconciled with hubby and gained it all back in a year. That's the gist of it.

I am a mom, wife, friend, credit counselor, and webmaster. I usually speak very frankly and honestly, which often offends people. I have a sarcastic sense of humor, which often offends people as well. ("Gee, is she being sarcastic or honest?" they always think.... ;) ) I tend to watch my mouth on boards like these and keep my opinions to myself because I know I am not the most subtle person in the world and really don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Hope you all can stand me! LOL!

Anyway, I am going for it again and will check in when I can.

EllieEats
Tue, Jan-29-02, 16:12
Welcome Kathryn!!

Glad you found this forum!!

Starting a journal is an excellent idea!!

Hope to see more of you around the forum!!
Ellie :wave:

gwilson38
Wed, Jan-30-02, 08:20
I enjoyed your post...U sound like me I tend to be very out spoken. Im sure U will enjoy it here...lots of great people.

sailfish
Wed, Jan-30-02, 08:30
Hi there - I too have had great success with Atkins (170 - 125) two summers ago. I finally did it after ending a long-term, emotionnaly draining relationship. Started a new relationship last January and slowly gained back up to 145.... but before it got too back i came back to this WOE - hopefully for good to keep those pounds and fat off!

Welcome!

reneny
Wed, Jan-30-02, 10:15
I appreciate everyone's posts. I did start my journal, which I find really fun because I imagine no one looks at them much and I can say whatever I want. Venting is good.

I am sure I will see everyone on the boards as I have a few nagging questions so help me out if you see me!

jenny32
Sat, Feb-02-02, 22:00
i add u to my list hope u wont mind :)

pegm
Sun, Feb-03-02, 22:11
Welcome Reneny -- it's nice to see another mid-westerner here! I love humor - looking forward to your posts.