PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

AshLin
Tue, Jan-29-02, 14:57
Hi,

I am new here, and I just started the 3-day diet last week. This is my second week on it, and I have lost 7 lbs. I am really happy with this weight loss. I am currently trying to lose about 20 lbs. Has anyone else had success with this diet? Thanks in advance for replies.

Ashlin

wbahn
Tue, Jan-29-02, 18:12
Welcome to the boards.

Not familiar with the 3-Day Diet - someone else probably is.

You might go to the Quick Links section (look to the right) and click on the "Which low-carb plan is right for me?" link. Look through those and see if any of them sound similar to your diet.

The name of the diet sets up warning bells, though. It sounds like either something where you repeat something every three days (which may be OK) or that you do something for three days of the week and take the rest of week off. You want your body to settle into a natural rhythm that is consistent with steady weight loss. If you continuously confuse your system by going on and then going off some plan you will always be out of step and working against your body - at least that's my thinking.

I just did a quick search and it looks to me like the 3-Day Diet is nothing more than a marketting ploy for bee pollen wrapped in a bunch of the usual technobabble. That's my impression anyway.

Karen
Tue, Jan-29-02, 19:53
Hi Ashlin,

Is this the 3 day diet you are talking about?

1. The first day of this diet you fast. During the fast, drink plenty of water.

2. The second day you consume only fruit and fruit juices.

3. The third day you consume only vegetables and vegetable juices.

4. The rest of the week you eat normally. Just don't overdo it.

Karen

AshLin
Wed, Jan-30-02, 10:54
This is the 3-Day diet I am following.. I do this for 3 days then eat normally for the four days... My normal eating is very similar to the actual diet and that is why I think it is working for me. I am not overeating or shocking my body for the four days that I am supposed to eat normally. I focus my attention mostly on fish, chicken, and veggies.

The 3 Day Diet

Instructions:
Drink 4 glasses of water or diet soda per day. You can add herbs, salt, pepper,
lemon, vinegar, Worcestershire, soy sauce, mustard & ketchup to your foods.

DAY 1
BREAKFAST
1/2 Grapefruit or Juice
1 Toast with 1 Tbsp. Peanut Butter
Black Coffee or Tea w/1-2 packets of Sweet & Low or Equal
LUNCH
1/2 Cup of Tuna
1 Toast
DINNER
3 Oz. any lean meat or chicken
1 cup green beans
1 cup carrots