PDA

View Full Version : Started Atkins two days ago, but . . .

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CMS
Tue, Jan-29-02, 10:31
I started 2 days ago and need to lose 130 to 210lbs from 330. I will do this, but can anyone tell me what is with the pounding headache I have? Carb withdrawl? Look forward to your answers

wbahn
Tue, Jan-29-02, 10:40
Yes. It's carb withdrawal. And it probably won't last too long (a day or a few days). Most people have a VERY rough Day 2 but get progressively better quickly.

To shorten up the Time of Misery, drink LOTS and LOTS of water. You will get that suggestion over and over and over again. There's a reason for it.

Browse a bunch of the other threads from newbies and you will discover that what you are experiencing is normal and short lived.

Welcome aboard!

Natrushka
Tue, Jan-29-02, 11:01
Headache is normal - carb withdrawal and loss of some minerals along with the water that you're flusing out of your system. There is a great thread in "Newbies' Questions" by Karen called "Hot Links" - check it out -I'd suggest paying particular attention to the links about a) Cal/Mag and K (potassium) and b) using fat to keep your calories up (there are at least 3 links about this)

Happy exploring and best of luck
Nat