PDA

View Full Version : one week in

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

canu49
Tue, Jan-29-02, 08:09
Well, I'm one week into the induction diet and things are going well. Lost 8 lbs. Three years ago I lost 50lbs. on the diet, but gained it back after reverting to the old ways. Ive tried a couple of times since to no avail. This time I'm doing it right. Recently, my two year old grandson was found to have juvenile diabetes. In cooking for him, my wife and I have become more aware of hidden carbs and sugar. I hate that it took something like that to straighten me out.

razzle
Tue, Jan-29-02, 10:01
congratulations on that first week--I am cheering you on!

Having regained the weight is, in one sense, a great thing...it's a lesson. "Wow, I can't go back to THAT way of eating again, can I?" Sounds like you've got a great attitude and are on the right path.

I'm so sorry about your grandson's diagnosis. Have you read Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution? It may give you some additional insights

Welcome to the board, and thanks for posting!