PDA

View Full Version : Don't know if this belongs here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ditzy
Mon, Jan-08-07, 17:24
I'm following Adkins. I thought this plan said that there are 0 carbs in chicken breasts. I boiled my breasts for shredding, so I used oven method, which gave me a carb count. I'm new to this, so forgive me if I'm in the wrong thinking..... :help:

Rosebud
Mon, Jan-08-07, 19:34
I'm following Adkins. I thought this plan said that there are 0 carbs in chicken breasts. I boiled my breasts for shredding, so I used oven method, which gave me a carb count. I'm new to this, so forgive me if I'm in the wrong thinking..... :help:
Hi Ditzy,

I think they must be assuming flour or something similar is added, if it gives you any carbs at all for oven baked chicken. ;)

But rest assured, there are definitely no carbs whatsoever in chicken, unless they are somehow added.

When I add chicken to my entries in MyPLAN, I use the Chicken, broilers or fryers, breast, meat only, raw. Then if I add something to the chicken, such as cream or butter, I add them to my day's entries separately.
Same with eggs - I only ever just add plain egg, never scrambled, because "they" - I think the info all comes from the USDA - seem to assume we will add milk to scrambled eggs and so on.

Does that help? Let us know if you are still confused. :)

Rosebud:rose:

ditzy
Tue, Jan-09-07, 08:28
THank you! I am relieved I can use this tool! I desperately want to keep up with carb counts!

ditzy
Tue, Jan-09-07, 08:41
Thank you! I found it when I typed chicken breast!