PDA

View Full Version : Back in the game

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

JenB
Sat, Jan-06-07, 13:06
Hi all,

I am excited to be trying this thing again. Let me fill you in...I had my last baby 2 1/2 yrs ago & still need to lose 20 lbs. I go off & on lo carb like there's no tomorrow & I believe I have kind of figured out my problem.

I have been solely looking at the amount of carbs in the foods I eat & not at the ingredients. I can maintain my weight that way, but will lose nothing.

Dec. 26, I was DONE with the cookies, pie, stuffing, wine etc that is always within arms reach during the holidays in my house. I decided to try a new approach to my version of lo-carb. Nothing with sugar in it. Not even 1gram of sugar. And, I am reading the ingredients. No corn syrup. How come corn syrup can be the 2nd ingredient, but it still says 0 grams of sugar???

Anyway, it has been 12 days & I am feeling tired, but I know I have lost fat around my waist. I can feel it & my pants are losser there. But, I have an issue with the scale. Does anyone else have an issue with the scale? So, I have not weighed myself since Dec. 25.

I want to share a typical day with you all in hopes that someone will give me advice & tips for improving my diet. The sugar cravings are gone (THANK GOD!) and & am afraid of tripping up like I always do. :help:

Breakfast
coffee
2T heavy cream
lo-carb protien shake or morning start bar

lunch
salad
blue cheese dressing
SF jello

snack
jello or protien shake
10 cashews 2 slices cheddar

dinner
red meat or chicken
salad
blue cheese dressing
steamed veggie

dessert
sf jello or cottage cheese w/splenda

I would LOVE some ideas to break up the same old food, so please give me ideas & advice.

PS so excited to be here!! ;)
JenB

Dylan
Sat, Jan-06-07, 18:28
First of all lady, you need to think all positively. As in I know this[U] time I am taking comtrol of the situation! No back stepping, who cares what you have done before?!

Congrats on Day 12!

JenB
Sat, Jan-06-07, 19:07
Thank you Dylan. I AM feeling in control...today. But, who knows what I will encounter tomorrow. It is hard when you fail a billion times. I am sure most people here have failed before, so I am not alone.

But, absolutely...MORE positive thoughts. I am in control. That's why I came here. For encouragement.

So, thanks!

SkySamChew
Sat, Jan-06-07, 19:13
My advice is to join a support group on here. Theres lots of "competition" type threads among this forum. I am the same way you are, always cheating, but since I joined a group of people who I talk to and share ideas with, I feel like if I cheat I will let them all down. I know that isnt the case but when I look at it that way, it helps me be positive and not cheat! Welcome to the forum and I hope you find the support you need to succeed and reach your goal!