PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie- kinda long, sorry!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

pixie0380
Fri, Jan-05-07, 06:19
Hi everyone,

I'm so glad I have found this site, While I have finally got myself organised to stick to the Atkins Diet, I know I'm going to need some support and encouragement along the way. I've previously done low carb (the carb addicts diet) but that was about 6 years ago. I lost 12 kilos (26.4lbs) on that diet and kept it off for atleast 2 years. The weight slowly began to creep back on after I met my now fiance, and then I fell pregnant. I went into the pregnancy needing to lose about 20 kilos (44lbs) and managed to pile on the weight, using the fact that I was pregnant as an excuse to eat and not exercise at all. I put on at least 40kgs (88lbs) and have lost about 10-12 kgs in the past 2 years (my daughter is now 2yrs old) I've been saying to myself for the past two years that I need to do something about my weight. I stop and start and lose some wieght only to put it all back on again.

I finally decided enough was enough and now here I am, at day 4 of induction and I am just so happy with myself already. I forgot how good I could feel even thought I'm still a little tired from the adjustment of not eating any bad foods. I have had one slip up the other day and got really angry at myself for it, so I'm pretty sure I won't be doing that again.

I look forward to sharing my journey with all of you and can't wait to see those scales showing my weight decreasing.

bob2112
Fri, Jan-05-07, 07:42
Welcome to the forums.

Amelda
Fri, Jan-05-07, 08:47
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your journey! :)

bkloots
Fri, Jan-05-07, 10:33
Isn't it great when you finally make the decision? You'll do fine. Stick around here, and let us know how it's going.

penelope
Fri, Jan-05-07, 10:50
I finally decided enough was enough and now here I am,

That is more than half the battle.