PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

BooNurse
Thu, Jan-04-07, 13:44
Hello, My name is Becky and I just started on Atkins. I'm looking for a place where I can find motivation and encouragment to be successful in loosing weight. I am a mother of three and work full time as a nurse. I currently weigh 195lbs and I'm looking to loose about 30lbs. I just started on the "induction" phase of Atkins and I can't beleive how hard it is. I have heard it gets easier after the third day and I have been looking for some good low- carb recipes but those 22 carbs a day add up really fast! Send me a message if you want to say hi! :wave:

SidC
Thu, Jan-04-07, 15:40
Hi Becky,
This is a great place for encouragement and support - welcome!

There is a whole section of this site devoted to LC recipes - check out Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)

I strongly encourage you to read Atkins' book on this diet: Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution. The diet is designed to move you gradually to a permanent healthier way of eating that allows you to sustain your weight loss. Most people have more success with the diet if they follow the plan as laid out.

Best of luck to you!

bob2112
Thu, Jan-04-07, 15:44
Welcome to the forums, Becky.

joesfolks
Thu, Jan-04-07, 20:37
Welcome Becky. Wow, three kids and full time nursing. You must get lots of exercise just naturally!

LuvLatte
Thu, Jan-04-07, 20:56
Welcome, Becky! This is a great place, full of motivations!!

BooNurse
Fri, Jan-05-07, 15:35
I'm already finding so much encouragment and motivation to stick with it! Day two and I'm really feeling great about this. I even resisted the donuts and candy at work =) And yes, you'd think I'd be thin with all the running around I do lol. Just have to kick the carb addiction!