PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Wisconsin!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Busterkg
Wed, Jan-03-07, 22:01
Hello everyone :wave:

I'm 5'11" and at my heaviest 6 years ago I was 312...ugggghhh. I went on Atkins 2 1/2 years ago after I had my 1st baby and dropped down to 240. Oh what a feeling it was to meet people that I hadn't seen in awhile! My goal at the time was 180 so I still had some weight to go but with being overweight since I was 8, it was a real accomplishment for me....and then I got pregnant a 2nd time :lol:. I was throwing protein in my urine and my doctor more or less kicked me off LC. My idea was to jump back on the band wagon 6 weeks after giving birth.......that was my idea. :D

I found with 2 little ones, I was too stressed and had all of these other excuses as why it wasn't a good idea. A couple months ago I needed to give blood for a life insurance policy through work (after 2 babies, I've given a lot of blood), do you suppose 2 different nurses could get blood??? I had never felt like passing out like that before. They finally chalked it up to being on Atkins and not drinking enough water. I again decided it wasn't the RIGHT time.

When I lost weight before, I started on 1/2/04 and didn't cheat once until 7/4/04.......I lost 60 pounds. I'm on day 2 of my lifestyle change (again) and I'm more determined than ever!

My husband is soooo supportive and says size doesn't matter, just so I'm healthy and happy ;) Although I haven't had health problems so far, it's time to change! Now that my oldest daughter is in school now, I don't want her to be known as the kid with the "fat mom"!

Anyway, sorry for the long intro. Glad I found this site!!

SidC
Wed, Jan-03-07, 23:23
When I lost weight before, I started on 1/2/04 and didn't cheat once until 7/4/04.......I lost 60 pounds. I'm on day 2 of my lifestyle change (again) and I'm more determined than ever! And it sounds like you will be able to turn it around again. Welcome! This is a good place - glad you found it, too.

bob2112
Thu, Jan-04-07, 06:44
Welcome to the forums. Glad you found us as well. Best of luck to you in 2007.

SkeeterX
Thu, Jan-04-07, 06:45
From one Wisconsite to another, welcome to the forums! Start a journal, its a great way to record your progress.

SandraEB73
Thu, Jan-04-07, 11:04
Good luck and welcome to the forum. We're all cheering for you!