PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Calley sayin' hi

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Calley
Wed, Jan-03-07, 11:45
I have tried lc diets in the past and I know it works. Messed around with WW last year and even though I think it is a great program, it is not for me. I hated counting points and weighing food, I am not a detail oriented person.

My goal is to lose 30 pounds and KEEP THEM OFF! I've been told and I know it is true, losing weight is not near as hard as keeping it off afterwards.

I am thrilled to have found this message board/forum. It is very interesting reading how others are doing and how they are achieving their goals. I look forward to meeting others like myself in the future.

Mousesmom
Wed, Jan-03-07, 14:49
Welcome Calley!

You are quite right, losing the wt is only half the issue....long term maintenance is challenging too! Understanding that, you should do GREAT!!

Julie

Calley
Wed, Jan-03-07, 14:53
Thank you Julie. Your stats are fantastic. Obviously you have figured this out! WTG

lizicliff
Wed, Jan-03-07, 15:01
I too have done the lc diet before and lost 30lbs. I agree the hardest part of a diet is to keep the wieght off however, I think the support from this forum will help. I am excited to start this again. Good Luck to everyone.

lizicliff
Wed, Jan-03-07, 15:06
Hi,
I am new on this forum. While "surfing" I read a comment you posted. 100lbs really good for you. I would love to be that strong. I would really like to lose my weight. You probably think 30 lbs is small potatoes but it has been very difficult for me. Are there any secrets/tips that really helped you? I would appreciate any help you are willing to give. Thanks a lot and keep up the great work