PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Faithnhope
Mon, Jan-28-02, 07:19
Hi, first day that I just found this site..I have a question..My friend is on this diet to(Atkins) and she bought the Ketose strips and gave me a couple..she said if your losing weight they should turn purple..Mine was pink this morning when I did it ..so does that mean I stopped losing weight? I have been on diet for 6 1/2 months and lost 40 but need to lose MORE..
Thanks to anyone that can answer...

gwilson38
Mon, Jan-28-02, 08:42
welcome here! 1st of all keep in mind the keto stix arent always accurate. Also they shouldnt turn purple because that means U are dehydrated and need more water...pink is really where U want to be. It also depends on what time of day U take them [if U use them take same time every day best in the evening] and what U ate ate your last meal. Maybe start a journal here and then others can help U with what U are eating ect.

Faithnhope
Mon, Jan-28-02, 10:41
Thnakyou so much..I thought pink was bad..
Need any help from anyone..feel like I am at a stand still..would also like to know about low carb prepared foods that people are eating..Thanks All :wave:

bsayne
Mon, Jan-28-02, 16:39
I see my bud Gwilson has answered your question! Do check out the journal section E-G would be your area, its based on your online name....Its a really good way record your daily menus, thoughts...etc...then your visitors and mentors can see what you are doing and assist you accordingly!

WTG on the losses so far and for finding this great forum!

Bsayne

Sheelah
Tue, Jan-29-02, 12:43
HI Faith,

The plan that I am on is alot like atkins, and when we hit a plateau they say to eat more carbs and gain 3 pounds ( I know that sounds crazy but it works!) You cant gain anymore than that though so you will have to watch the scale alot during this time. As soon as you gain the weight you should start a 20g a day carb diet, This will boost your metabolism and get you losing weight again. Good Luck! And keep exercising at least 3 x's a week.

Sheelah