PDA

View Full Version : I can't seem to get psyched

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

cybrgypsy
Wed, Jan-03-07, 00:45
Hi! I have been here before as asks questions but could not find my old profile so started a new one. I fell off the wagon over Christmas and gained 15 pounds. ahhhhh! January 1 has come and gone and I still have not started my low carb plan. I can't seem to get into the groove. Once I start I'm good but its getting started that seems daunting right now. Any advice on how to start back after falling away? Its weird cause I want to, I know how good I feel when I am low carbing but I can't seem to stop picking up the cookies and chocolate.

bob2112
Wed, Jan-03-07, 08:09
Welcome back!! You might set yourself a firm starting date and then sanitize the pantry. Get rid of any tempting high carb foods and restock yourself with induction friendly low carb foods.

Possibly even create some meals in advance so that you are ready to go for multiple days without leaving meal decisions open :)

Best of luck on your journey.

rodmick
Wed, Jan-03-07, 08:10
Maybe joining one of the group challenges on the board would help you! In the jan 1 through v-day challenge we are going for totally cheat free. The support is great!

cybrgypsy
Fri, Jan-05-07, 00:03
It is so helpful to clean out the pantry. I have been buying stuff I should not be and tellin myself- its for family and friends and guess what? I can stop doing that.
I know planning meals is a great way to keep from leaving myself open to making bad choices. I am so spontaneous- great in other areas of my life but not with food obviously! that meal planning never works, at least not for long but stocking the pantry and fridge with low carb options does work. I stocked up a little today.
I am just being a whiner and a bore! However I did start today and I had 35 carbs- I was aiming for under 20 but not the worst day of lowcarbing ever. I find it esp hard to resist at night for some bizarre reason. There was a box of crackers in the cupboard that I didn't throw out and of course I snapped and ate some.
I cant remember how to do this. Should I post this in my journal or here and how do I reply to people? I really appreciate the advice. heaven knows I need it!

Joyfulmama
Fri, Jan-05-07, 17:25
Hi! I know it is hard to stay motivated. I am working very hard to keep myself motivated also. I started my blog to help me do that. I have pictures of unhealthy organs and 5 lbs of fat on there to remind me of why I am doing this. I also joined fitday.com there I keep track of my weight, my activities (calories burned) and all the food I eat- this has helped a great deal! I learned that I was eating far toooo many calories per day. I am doing a low calorie low carb diet. By tracking on everything I am holding myself accountable.
I hope these ideas help..
my blog: http://debrawantstobehealthy.blogspot.com
blessings,debra

ginyer
Fri, Jan-05-07, 17:40
Good Luck, Cybr.....I know how it is to get things started...I've done it 3 times now.....I did throw away some chocolate and sent another big jar of hard candy to work with husband...just had to get rid of it...then made a shopping list and made a trip to the store...I think 35 carbs is a great start....and a good healthy range....I came back after a year away and couldn't figure out how to get back in either....if you go to the technical support page, they are great about answering questions..I had a journal before and they got me back into my old one. This forum is such a great support tool...so my best advice would be to make use of it...it helps me so much knowing there are others here doing the same thing and going through the same thing....so much info and great advice.

joesfolks
Fri, Jan-05-07, 17:42
Cybergypsy, yes, start a journal. Name it something you will remember. You can post to other peoples journals or you can post in a thread that they have posted in but posting in their journals is the best way to be sure they see it. Wishing you success.