PDA

View Full Version : Intro

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

JeannaS
Wed, Jan-03-07, 00:01
My name is Jeanna (pronounced like Gina). I did Atkins my senior year of high school and got down to my lowest adult weight of 191, at 5'11'' I looked great. Life happens, I get diagnosed with fibromyalgia, blood clots in my lung, depression, anxiety, insulin resistance, osteo-arthritis, and obesity. I am turning 27 tomorrow. So, in the decision that I refuse to have gastric bypass, I am going to go from 251 to 191. :help:

Actually, I found out from a new doc that my old doc had me on meds that were making me gain weight! :nono: She knew I was trying to lose weight and never told me the meds would do that to me! So, she is gone, and now that I stopped taking the meds I lost 4 lbs in one week while on vacation! The herbalife helped, but I wasn't dieting at all. :D

So, now that I am home, I am doing herbalife during the day and low carb the rest of the time. Lots of steamed vegetables, salads, and meats. Lots of cheese sticks, eggs, tuna, etc. I could use some help with recipes, I don't want to get bored. I love dried cherries as a treat, but they have a lot of sugar. Any other suggestions for the carb and sugar cravings would be life saving! :help:

My friend Hope brought me here and I am eternally grateful. Love you dear! :D

So thanks for the interest, feel welcome to contact me, I really could use the support. I have a very muscular, lean husband, he is supportive, but just can't understand my lifetime of largeness.

rodmick
Wed, Jan-03-07, 08:12
Welcome! Welcome!!!!!

bob2112
Wed, Jan-03-07, 08:13
Welcome to the forums. Be sure and check out the recipes in the kitchen forum for some great ideas.

Wishing you all the best on a successful 2007.