PDA

View Full Version : Hi--hope this works this time

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

virginia
Sun, Jan-27-02, 23:49
Hi folks,
I had written up a lovely few paragraphs introducing myself, and when I went to submit it, I got a message that I wasn't logged in, and lost my text. This time, I'm making a copy and this will be a bit shorter.

I've been heavy all my life, yo-yo dieted up to over 350. I've been eating more moderately for a couple of years and was at 337 when I and my husband started Atkins in September (we were inspired by a friend who had lost about 40 lbs in 3 months). I lost some weight and then went into a long stall, at the same time I found a doctor I wanted to see about my failure to get pregnant. They found problems and now I am on a drug for my thyroid and metformin for diabetes. I still didn't come out of my stall, and I knew it was because I couldn't keep my appetite under control to get my calories down (I was eating only food on the diet, but too much). I'm on a break from trying to get pregnant for a few months until my blood sugar is really stabilized, so during this break I'm trying Meridia (which does seem to cut down on that caged animal feeling of relentless desire to stuff myself). And, I also started to exercise. Just this week I've actually lost a couple more pounds.

I'm a director of Network Operations at an internet service company, and as you can imagine the stress is horrific. I work for my husband, which has its good and bad points. I love my job and work way too much.

Anyway, nice to meet you!
Virginia

gwilson38
Mon, Jan-28-02, 08:34
Nice to meet U too! I wish U must success with the low-carb plan. I know it can be hard when U have underlying med problems but in the end I do believe U will feel a lot better low-carbing.

lauraW
Mon, Jan-28-02, 09:26
Hi there..

Welcome to the boards...start a journal Virginia...the support here is tremendous..we are all in this together...to help each other in this WOE..

I wish you all the luck..and read everything you can here..it is a wealth of info!

Laura