PDA

View Full Version : New to LC & New Mom

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Jenn07
Sat, Dec-30-06, 20:15
Hello,

I am new to this site, and my husband and I are going to be starting Atkins on Tuesday. We have both been reading the book and we think that it seems like the way to go for us. I have just had a baby 6 months ago and I was questioning whether it is ok for me to LC and nurse the baby? I am not going to be giving up nursing for awhile. If anyone has any info or advice for me that would be great. I lost 45 pounds just before I got pregnant and now I am going to be starting the process over, I can't wait! Look forward to hearing from you all !
Take Care,
Jenn :wave:

SidC
Sun, Dec-31-06, 02:59
Hi Jenn, and welcome! Congrats on your previous weight loss and on your new baby.

I can't think of any reason why starting LC while nursing would be a problem. You'll be getting plenty of vegetables and good protein sources, even in the first two week induction phase.

Anyone else differ?

cinnycinda
Sun, Dec-31-06, 07:19
Hi Jen and welcome to the board. If you stick with the plan you will see results. Just plan ahead and keep your low carb snacks arounds. Eggs are great for that! It might be a little hard the first two weeks a syour body gets adjusted to your new woe, but you'll feel so much better. Just keep coming here and asking questions and for support. Good luck!

Mousesmom
Sun, Dec-31-06, 11:58
Hi Jen and welcome aboard! There is a subforum off the main page for pregnancy and parenting questions. One of the brilliant minds there can advise you about BF and LC.

All the best,
Julie

Jenn07
Tue, Jan-02-07, 10:14
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the advice, I did'nt even see the pregnancy and Parenting sub-section. I checked it out and it is fine to do atkins and Brestfeed. I am just too happy about that. Well here is to 2007! Mabie lucky number 7 will be good luck for all of us.

I plan to stay on track and try to keep positive about the new WOE. I know I can do this, I have my husband who is also doing atkins and my sister who is going to call me a couple times a week to see how I am making out! I think that should help alot. But I really want this to work for me, to prove to myself that I can do it.!
Thanks everyone, I look forward to being here on the boards for the long haul!
Jenn :agree:

PearlWhite
Tue, Jan-02-07, 10:17
Hi :wave: :wave: & welcome.

I think you'll find the ppl here very nice and supportive.
I wish you and your hubby good luck on your LC journey.