PDA

View Full Version : New to Forum

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sdw6
Tue, Dec-26-06, 21:08
Hi - my name is Denise, I live in Texas. I'm not new to low carb dieting, did it about two years ago and lost almost 50 lbs. in about 6 months. Lots of problems in my life and I stopped and have gained back all plus more.

I lost my mom last year and can't seem to get past that and this depression and so I've developed two bad habits - eating and spending money -both which are very destructive.

I feel awful with all this weight, everything hurts, feels like I have the flu all the time, my legs and knees hurt - I need to lost weight desperately. I'm 50 years old, HBP, thyroid problems, High everything - I'm a heart attack waiting to happen I think.

I've looked at the other diets, but this is the one I feel I know and can stay with. I'm hoping it works the second time around. Someone told me you won't lose as fast or it won't work after you've done it once -- is that correct?? I don't have the will power to start something that isn't going to work.

I don't have a lot of will power right not, and I can't say I've decided this is the end all diet, and I've made up my mind its going to work. I just have to do something about my weight, hoping that will make me feel better mentally and physically. I need help :help: and support thru this and am hoping I can get it here. I know you can't do it for me I don't mean that, I'm just alone now and it would be nice to know there's someone there who knows and understands.

So I'm going to the store this week, trying to get myself psyched up, and read up (again) on the rules to get ready. Hope to start by weekend or Monday.

Okay so that's my story - sorry its long - I hope to get to know a lot of you on this journey. Thanks for any help and support.

Denise

nole1984
Tue, Dec-26-06, 21:12
Hey Denise, Glad you joined us!!!! Welcome

DocAce
Tue, Dec-26-06, 21:34
Me too, WELCOME!!

julia333
Tue, Dec-26-06, 22:31
Just remember...it works....IF you work it! You are in total control of success or failure...love yourself and give yourself this gift!
Best wishes!

Kisal
Tue, Dec-26-06, 23:22
Hello, Denise. WELCOME!!

You're right that losing weight is something each of us must do on our own. But I think you will find this forum a great source of support and information. Spend as much time here as you can, at least in the beginning. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. You may end up with 6 different answers from 6 different people, but most of the time you'll find that folks here are in general agreement. :agree:

Again, WELCOME! :wave:

SidC
Tue, Dec-26-06, 23:59
Hi - my name is Denise, I live in Texas. Hi Denise, welcome! :wave:

I'm 50 years old, HBP, thyroid problems, High everything - I'm a heart attack waiting to happen I think.Ah, that's almost exactly where I was three 1/2 years ago. I hope that you're on medication for the thyroid problem? There is a forum here just on thyroid issues that you might want to check out - see Thyroid Disease (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=76).

Someone told me you won't lose as fast or it won't work after you've done it once -- is that correct?? I don't have the will power to start something that isn't going to work.It will work - it's not a magic wand that you only get to wave once :D You might not lose as much on induction as you did the first time around - that seems to be a common experience. But don't let that discourage you! It just means that it will take a little bit longer - and what's a few months more on OWL when you are taking this great step to change your life for the long run?

You say you don't have a lot of will power right now, but you have gotten to the point where you have decided to make a change. (Hey - that's why you're here, right?) That's a very good thing, and you will find a ton of support here to give encouragement if you decide to give this a try.

One thing that is a big help to many people is starting a personal journal on the site. It is a great way to meet other people here, to keep track of your progress, keep your motivation up and help others to give advice if you stall on wieght loss. See How to Start a Journal (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=172775) - it's easy.

So I'm going to the store this week, trying to get myself psyched up, and read up (again) on the rules to get ready.:thup:

Best of luck to you, Denise!

sdw6
Thu, Dec-28-06, 16:42
Thanks everyone, I'm getting more excited as I'm reading and preparing so maybe I can do this.

I want to feel better and think losing some of this weight will help.

Thanks for the help and advice.

Denise